Re: [Z_Scale] RE: PAYPAL SCAM OT THREAD

  • Loren Snyder
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
      Malcolm,
      I have always accepted checks to save me the pay pal seller fees and also so
      as to save having to pass on pay pal fees to the customers. Those wanting
      to use a check are welcome to contact me. Once as an established customer,
      I don't hold checks for clearance.

      The customer is the one who may ultimately lose out if they rip off an
      dealer. The dealer merrily has to tell the entire Z world that so and so is
      a rip off and he will have his name black listed in the Z community.

      We Z scalers are supposed to be an honorable group in the first place,......
      ...right?

      Loren

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
        Hi Loren, Malcolm Z,

        I love to get checks, but only if they have a real routing
        number along the bottom. A fella in the Netherlands sent
        me a very fancy looking check that was bogus. So checks
        from overseas now have to wait until the check clears
        before I send the product. That hurts the balance of trade.
        It was my mistake to ship before my bank examined
        the check.

        I love PayPal. Even with the fees, they perform a good
        service that saves me a lot time. Transactions business
        to business can be time consuming but PayPal makes
        it so much easier.

        How much is a person's time worth anyway?

        Keep Zeeing and railroading! ;>)

        Reynard
        On Jul 1, 2011, at 12:12 PM, Loren Snyder wrote:

        > Malcolm,
        > I have always accepted checks to save me the pay pal seller fees and also so
        > as to save having to pass on pay pal fees to the customers. Those wanting
        > to use a check are welcome to contact me. Once as an established customer,
        > I don't hold checks for clearance.
        >
        > The customer is the one who may ultimately lose out if they rip off an
        > dealer. The dealer merrily has to tell the entire Z world that so and so is
        > a rip off and he will have his name black listed in the Z community.
        >
        > We Z scalers are supposed to be an honorable group in the first place,......
        > ...right?
        >
        > Loren

      • Don Avila
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
          Hmmmmmmmmm, if you charge for consulting or *PAY* for consulting you will
          find time costs a LOT more than the minimum hourly wage. ...and that is
          what time is worth.

          ...don a

          On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, reynard wellman <micron@...>wrote:

          > How much is a person's time worth anyway?
          >
          > Keep Zeeing and railroading! ;>)
          >
          > Reynard

        • david.davidksmith
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2011
            Be wary of the overly simplistic views some people have of the fees charged for transactions. The per-transaction fee may be more through PayPal, but banks charge a pretty hefty setup fee to establish an account to accept credit card payments. Plus, most banks expect you to meet a minimum total transaction dollar amount per month, and if this is not met, they slap you with additional fees.

            Furthermore, PayPal offers a fully-integrated system for storefronts, with payment acceptance, bookkeeping, shipping and even inventory control. This is a boon to very small businesses since it consolidates several services into one, and avoids minimum monthly transaction fees charged by many banks as well as the need to manage inventory, shipping, and everything else yourself.

            Bottom line, one must look at the whole picture before writing PayPal off as some greedy website looking to gouge us at every turn. Depending on the size and type of business one runs, they may represent the better value.

            Regards,
            David

            http://davidksmith.com/modeling.htm