Re: Rokuhan introduce video with insulated rail joiners and amanual reverse loop controller.

  • david.davidksmith
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2011
      Marty—

      Sorry for the problem with the blog; I can't open it up for posting by everyone because I will then be deluged with spam.

      There are many, many ways to secure roadbed track.

      Rokuhan does not have a recommended way of fastening their track. The pieces have small holes that can be opened by poking a sharp tool through the roadbed from below; you can then secure the track with nails or screws.

      You can also use adhesives, such as caulk or Liquid Nails, or double-sided foam tape.

      Myself, I use caulk and foam tape. My preference is for the tape, because it's cleaner and also deadens noise. The track can be removed by either saturating the tape with alcohol, or by slicing through it edgewise with a sharp knife. I purchase the tape from http://www.tapecase.com/

      If you use small screws, you can easily remove the track by unscrewing it.

      Hope this information is helpful.

      Regards,
      David

      http://davidksmith.com/modeling.htm