Re: [Z_Scale] Where can I buy Marklin Z Scale wagon Truck wheels from?

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 13 , May 28, 2011
      On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:14:02 +0100
      "Melissa Cull" <melissa.cull@...> wrote:

      > Hi Uwe & Allan,
      >
      > Thanks for the suggestions I shall take a look. Not heard of country coaches
      > do they have a web site?
      >
      > No I'm not going to disect my nice Marklin coaches to get wheels for a
      > working Welsh Narrow Gauge diorama.
      >
      > It's mainly the axle length that doesn't fit with MTL and Fox Valley - they
      > just drop out of the chassis.....
      >
      > I suppose the other option would be top hat bearings if anyone makes those
      > for Z Scale?

      2mmSA bearings work fine with MTL wheels. I've been using that
      combination for a while without problem. The bigger hats used by
      other manufacturers ought to work too as I believe the angle is the same.

      With MTL wheels and 2mmSA bearings my little brass wagons will roll off
      down slight slopes on their own quite happily.
    • Alan Cox
      Message 2 of 13 , May 28, 2011
        On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:14:02 +0100
        "Melissa Cull" <melissa.cull@...> wrote:

        > Hi Uwe & Allan,
        >
        > Thanks for the suggestions I shall take a look. Not heard of country coaches
        > do they have a web site?

        http://www.ntasticshop.co.uk/

        and at the NGS he had a nice set of very fine 3D print produced NN3 stock
        on show including cattle wagons, opens and a tanker which will be out
        shortly.

        Alan
      • Melissa Cull
        Message 3 of 13 , May 29, 2011
          Hi Allan,

          Thanks for link. Shop is offline due to them being at a show this bank
          holiday weekend so will take a look again when it's up an running.

          The Welsh Narrow Gauge thing is a one off I am doing as I adore Welsh narrow
          gauge, well unless I ever get the space to build a model of the Great Orme
          Tramway and cable cars in N scale:-)

          I will be sticking to Z, N and O scale for the foreseable future.

          Kind RegardZ

          Melissa
          UK

          > Thanks for the suggestions I shall take a look. Not heard of country
          coaches
          > do they have a web site?

          http://www.ntasticshop.co.uk/

          and at the NGS he had a nice set of very fine 3D print produced NN3 stock
          on show including cattle wagons, opens and a tanker which will be out
          shortly.

          Alan

        • john724455
          Message 4 of 13 , May 29, 2011
            Hi Melissa

            I have quite a collection of the old Marklin plastic wheels, would they be any good?

            J Gilbertson

            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa Cull" <melissa.cull@...> wrote:

            > Hi Allan,
            >
            > Thanks for link. Shop is offline due to them being at a show this bank
            > holiday weekend so will take a look again when it's up an running.
            >
            > The Welsh Narrow Gauge thing is a one off I am doing as I adore Welsh narrow
            > gauge, well unless I ever get the space to build a model of the Great Orme
            > Tramway and cable cars in N scale:-)
            >
            > I will be sticking to Z, N and O scale for the foreseable future.
            >
            > Kind RegardZ
            >
            > Melissa
            > UK

          • Melissa Cull
            Message 5 of 13 , May 31, 2011
              Hi John,

              Yes they should be OK be as Marklin have longer axles so only those fit the
              PECO N6.5 Welsh Narrow Gauge kits. To fit MTL etc would have to fit bearing
              if I could find any.

              How many do you have and how much are they?

              Kind RegardZ

              Melissa
              UK

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 1, 2011
                Hi Melissa

                I have counted 90 axles, some well weathered with rust but plenty rust free. I don`t want anything for them so if you let me have your address I will post them to you.

                Cheers

                John Gilbertson in the UK.

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 6, 2011
                  Hi John,

                  Many thanks for the wheels and so many of them, they arrived safely on
                  Saturday. The rust should hopefully come off in my ultrasonic cleaning bath.
                  I will give them a whirl on the little PECO chassis:-)

                  Kind RegardZ

                  Melissa
                  UK