Fire/Smoke Plattling Yard

  • gwhackman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2011
      Rob, As you are looking. Start from the last passenger concrete pad nearest the yard tracks. Go over 4 tracks to your right. There are some goods wagons parked there. The smoke [grey in color/ not black] was from the area farthist from the camera. I cannot tell from the color if any of those units are yellow [MOW] units. That might explain the smoke and lack of response from the yard personel. Terry
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2011
        Terry, the cars parked on the track (to the left of the train with the
        green lumber cars) are hoppers with ballast. I saw these parked in the lower
        right track area the past few days. There is actually one of the hoppers still
        sitting there. They may be doing track work which would explain the ballast
        cars.

        I would love to have a camera view from the other side of the yard!

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        Distributor American Z Line
        www.ztrack.com
        www.ztrackcenter.com
        www.ztrackresale.com
        6142 Northcliff Blvd
        Dublin OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703

      • gwhackman
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2011
          Rob, I would love some more cameral angles. Expecially when you G Earth the entire yard and realize how little you are acutally able to see. But, then beggers cannot be choosers/LOL. Have you seen the German Eagle that uses the camera mount area as an oberservaton/hunting post. I have only seen it once for 2 seconds and it was Fab. This site definitly uses up your time. Terry