HELP - Many MTL turnouts needed for July NTS !!!

  • sj_baz_man
    Message 1 of 10 , May 11, 2011
      We need to borrow many, many MTL turnouts for the upcoming National Train Show in July.

      Last year, Sanda Kan shut down manufacturing for many model train companies, including some of MTL so they have been out of stock for mega months. At NTS in Sacramento this July, we had hoped to make a long multi-track yard to stage long trains that we could switch out plus also show off the vast majority of Z freight, passsenger and locos, epecially the weathered ones.

      Let me know if you have a pair or more that we could borrow. Manual or electric versions. They will not be glued or screwed down so rest assured they will be returned as good as new. Any damaged ones will certainly be replaced. All will be marked on the bottom side to assure their return to the proud parents.

      It would be greatly appreciated.

      Jeff 'Module Man' Merrill
      SF Bay Area Z
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 10 , May 12, 2011
        I have a few spare samples I may lend. I don't exactly remember how many, it's somewhere between 5 and 10. But I'm as I'm in France I don't know if my help will be useful.
        Dom

        Message 3 of 10 , May 12, 2011
          Dom, you are a pilot. Fly it over. :D

          John

          Message 4 of 10 , May 12, 2011
            *Ouch -- not more than about $7,000/switch on a mileage basis and assuming
            the number of a "few". ...and I thought Challengers were out of my league.
            [?]

            ...don
            *
            On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:22 AM, john mui <jmui@...> wrote:

            > Dom, you are a pilot. Fly it over. :D
            >
            > John

            *...don a* * **- Northern Ohio, USA*

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 10 , May 12, 2011
              >Dom, you are a pilot. Fly it over.
              >
              >John

              It should be with pleasure but unfortunately the airline I'm flying for had been dropping the California sector for 8 years....
              Dom
            • Loren Snyder
              Message 6 of 10 , May 12, 2011
                Dom,

                That is a generous offer, but I'm guessing the Z community over here will
                come through in time. The West coast has lots of good hearted, talented,
                and generous Z members.

                Loren

                Message 7 of 10 , May 12, 2011
                  >Dom,
                  >
                  >That is a generous offer, but I'm guessing the Z community over here will
                  >come through in time. The West coast has lots of good hearted, talented,
                  >and generous Z members.
                  >
                  >Loren

                  Indeed I just guess so. But it was just in case of need. <wink>
                  Dom
                • Loren Snyder
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 12, 2011
                    Dom,

                    Now if you just want to fly over and join us, with or without turnouts, that
                    would be super too !!!!
                    Loren

                    >That is a generous offer, but I'm guessing the Z community over here will
                    >come through in time. The West coast has lots of good hearted, talented,
                    >and generous Z members.
                    >
                    >Loren

                    Indeed I just guess so. But it was just in case of need. <wink>
                    Dom

                  • David Epling
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 12, 2011
                      Jeff,

                      Bob Sims will be up over the weekend, I'll check with him and see if we have any.

                      David

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 14, 2011
                        Thanks everyone. The Third Time is a Charm they say as this is the 3rd request posted in the past several months. THIS one got the attention of several. Don Fedjur and I have acquired about $1000 worth of turnouts to build the module. Oooooo so sounds expensive. But, lets just say that wasn't retail price either!!! And it also only covers 2/3 of the 52 turnouts needed.

                        Several of you have offered significant or very useful quantities. I will get Don a couple of plans that we can then finalize and I'll post. Don will build about 3 module, 2 for the laddering and 1 for the long parallels. He will then professionaly print a grid surface to guide placement and secure all in place.

                        This should be a sight for all to see.