Réf.: Re: [Z_Scale] Re: GP7 Shell Swap Q

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2011
      This way that would be possible. As MTL GP shells and chassis are slightly wider than AZL's I just think you'll have to insert some shims (cardboard, styrene, etc).
      But I'm curious: why do you want to swap these chassis as both run flawlessly? Because finally you just want to adapt an AZL chassis on a MTL loco, if I understand?
      Dom

      Le sam. 07 mai 2011 07:21 CEST, David Epling a écrit :

      >DOH! That is actually what I was wondering, Can we put the MTL WP 725 Shell on an AZL Chassis,
      >
      >Thanks

    • David Epling
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2011
        Because both do not run flawlessly. Our MTL Geeps run like crap and we can't see why. We've had all 4 (2 GP9s and 2 GP35s) of them checked, re-checked and re-checked and they still barely run. We managed to get a pair of WP MTL F7s to work, or rather they simply started working. The train runs flawlessly pulling 18 cars on the Museum layout and up the mainline ruling grade of 3%

        Thursday evening, we tried out our new AZL GP7 (UP), it pulled the train by itself up the grade stalling only on the Keddie Switch. The 3 units run fine together but we'd rather have all 3 as WP Units.

        David