Re: [Z_Scale] Off Topic - Secret London Underground

  • Uwe Liermann
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      Hello Robert,

      > Are there any subays in Hamburg or just commuter lines?

      Hamburg has a great subway net. It is also used for commuting, but
      when go to Hamburg for shopping or for entertainment I often park my
      car in a suburb and use the subway system. I buy a day ticket even if
      I only have a few trips on the system because it is cheaper. Included
      in the system are also all buses and ferrys:

      http://www.hvv.de/en/index.php

      The HVV net expands also out of the city of Hamburg itself:

      http://www.hvv.de/pdf/fahrplaene/geoplan_kreise.pdf

      Here you can use the trains of the DB too with the HVV ticket.

      Besides the subways are often not underground but on a high level over
      the streets. So you can use it for sightseeing too.

      http://www.hvv.de/en/all-you-need-to-know/for-visitors-to-hamburg/

      > I'm hoping to visit there next year and check out MinaturWunderland.

      For the MiWuLa you take the U3 (yellow line) and exit at the station
      Baumwall (lower left corner of the yellow line). Besides this line is
      on a high level in the area and between Baumwall and Landungsbrücken
      you have a great view over the harbor.

      http://www.hvv.de/pdf/fahrplaene/usar/USAR-Plan.pdf

      Let me know when you know your timetable and if I'm free from work we
      can meet.

      --
      GreetingZ
      Uwe