Re: [Z_Scale] Off Topic - Secret London Underground

  • Robert Toole
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2011
      Are there any subays in Hamburg or just commuter lines?
      I'm hoping to visit there next year and check out MinaturWunderland.

      Rob

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2011
        Hello Robert,

        > Are there any subays in Hamburg or just commuter lines?

        Hamburg has a great subway net. It is also used for commuting, but
        when go to Hamburg for shopping or for entertainment I often park my
        car in a suburb and use the subway system. I buy a day ticket even if
        I only have a few trips on the system because it is cheaper. Included
        in the system are also all buses and ferrys:

        http://www.hvv.de/en/index.php

        The HVV net expands also out of the city of Hamburg itself:

        http://www.hvv.de/pdf/fahrplaene/geoplan_kreise.pdf

        Here you can use the trains of the DB too with the HVV ticket.

        Besides the subways are often not underground but on a high level over
        the streets. So you can use it for sightseeing too.

        http://www.hvv.de/en/all-you-need-to-know/for-visitors-to-hamburg/

        > I'm hoping to visit there next year and check out MinaturWunderland.

        For the MiWuLa you take the U3 (yellow line) and exit at the station
        Baumwall (lower left corner of the yellow line). Besides this line is
        on a high level in the area and between Baumwall and Landungsbrücken
        you have a great view over the harbor.

        http://www.hvv.de/pdf/fahrplaene/usar/USAR-Plan.pdf

        Let me know when you know your timetable and if I'm free from work we
        can meet.

        --
        GreetingZ
        Uwe