cars and trucks

  • bill
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26, 2011
      Does anybody have a good source for American cars and trucks? I have looked at a few places on line but it seems like there's not a big selection out there

      Bill
    • Arnim v. Herff
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
        Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2011 04:24:09 schrieb bill:
        > Does anybody have a good source for American cars and trucks? I have looked
        > at a few places on line but it seems like there's not a big selection out
        > there

        Bill.

        American? Ok, really not a big selection, but this Corvette is nice IMHO:

        http://www.mwb-spur-z.de/epages/61362572.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61362572/Categories/%22Spur%20Z%22/PKW/Chevrolet/Exclusiv

        There is a 1965 Chevelle Malibu too.

        (Resine cast by Wolfgang Baumann, Wesel, Germany. Undecorated models are
        available too.)

        Greetings Arnim

        PS: Reliable pics in groups photo-section here:
        (link only works, if you are logged in at Yahoo)
      • john mui
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
          To me, the best cars in z are made by Alvaro from Portugal. The only
          problem is Alvaro just had a baby, so he is not making any cars.

          John

          Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2011 04:24:09 schrieb bill:
          > Does anybody have a good source for American cars and trucks? I have
          > looked
          > at a few places on line but it seems like there's not a big selection out
          > there

          Bill.

          American? Ok, really not a big selection, but this Corvette is nice IMHO:

          http://www.mwb-spur-z.de/epages/61362572.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61362572/Categories/%22Spur%20Z%22/PKW/Chevrolet/Exclusiv

          There is a 1965 Chevelle Malibu too.

          (Resine cast by Wolfgang Baumann, Wesel, Germany. Undecorated models are
          available too.)

          Greetings Arnim

          PS: Reliable pics in groups photo-section here:
          (link only works, if you are logged in at Yahoo)

        • Lee Barry
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
            John, Lee Barry here Bristol,Va. How large is your layout. I noticed when you
            put on that car there was a lot of forward and back movement out of the rear
            car. Is this just a normal thing. I'd love to have one or two of the RDC's but
            my curves on my layout are too tight, it is only 37" x 27". I had everyone of
            the RDC's that Kato made when I was in N ga.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
              Lee, those are my two zbend end modules. They are 2x2 each. The rear car is
              a Marsilius passenger car, and the sling action is caused by the MTL
              couplers. By the way, the RDC goes on some pretty tight radius. I have
              people runt their RDC on 145mmR curves.

              John

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
                John,
                I can't run SD40s on my layout, not only do they look bad but they almost hit
                the tunnel as they come out. Jim O'Connell built it for me. I love it.

                ________________________________

                To me, the best cars in z are made by Alvaro from Portugal. The only
                problem is Alvaro just had a baby, so he is not making any cars.

                John

                Am Mittwoch, 27. April 2011 04:24:09 schrieb bill:
                > Does anybody have a good source for American cars and trucks? I have
                > looked
                > at a few places on line but it seems like there's not a big selection out
                > there

                Bill.

                American? Ok, really not a big selection, but this Corvette is nice IMHO:

                http://www.mwb-spur-z.de/epages/61362572.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61362572/Categories/%22Spur%20Z%22/PKW/Chevrolet/Exclusiv

                There is a 1965 Chevelle Malibu too.

                (Resine cast by Wolfgang Baumann, Wesel, Germany. Undecorated models are
                available too.)

                Greetings Arnim

                PS: Reliable pics in groups photo-section here:
                (link only works, if you are logged in at Yahoo)

              • reynard wellman
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
                  Hello Zeds,
                  We have quite a few kits of early automotive vehicles
                  and some "Transition Era" semi-trucks available.
                  http://www.micronart.com/ZSCALE_Vehicles.html

                  I realize that vehicles from the 70s to today are sorely
                  lacking from our roster - but that is not our forte at
                  this time - perhaps someday.

                  Enjoy!
                  Reynard
                  http://www.micronart.com
                • dpstripe@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 27, 2011
                    Another source for truck kits of various eras is Randy Brown Models:
                    http://www.zscalemonster.com/randy_brown/

                    Make My Model used to offer a lot of different modern trucks done in RP Acrylic, but they are no longer in business. The last I knew, London Bridge Toys in Emmaus, PA still had a fair assortment left in stock. The best way to contact them is by phone ((610) 967-6887). Ask for Ron.

                    And, one other source for trucks is ebay- there are a couple of sellers that produce Z scale trucks and have ebay stores.

                    Dan S.

                    Messages in this topic (7)
                    Recent Activity: New Members 1 New Photos 4
                    Visit Your Group

                    .

                  • Harbormaster
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 28, 2011
                      Hi,
                      SEARAILS VEHICLES AND HEAVY EQUIPMENT MAY BE DOWNLOADED IN A SPECIAL PDF PRICE LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEARAILS "SPECIAL ORDER" PAGE AT WWW.SEARAILS.COM. THESE RP ACRYLIC VEHICLE PRODUCTS ARE TO BE CLOSED-OUT IN JULY AT THE SACREMENTO, CA NMRA/NTS IN BOOTH #190.

                      THE DISCOUNT WILL BE 50% FROM THE LISTED MSRP ON ALL PRODUCTS.

                      A MINIMUM ORDER OF $100 WILL BE REQUIRED.

                      AS SOME OF THE PRODUCTS WERE PROTOTYPE WORKS-IN-PROGRESS, INCLUDING THE NEW BRASS LOCOMOTIVES, ALL WILL BE SOLD AS-IS WITHOUT RETURNS AVAILABLE.

                      AN IMAGE OF THE VEHICLES IS ON THE Z ACCESSORIES PAGE (HOLD YOUR CURSOR ON THE SPECIAL ORDER TAB AND THAT PAGE SHOULD DROP DOWN FOR SELECTION).

                      SEARAILS IS CONCENTRATING ON ITS NEW POWERED BRASS PRODUCTS, BUT WILL CONTINUE TO SELL THE RP ACRYLIC ITEMS AS SPECIAL ORDERS. SOME OF THOSE ITEMS (HEAVY LOADS, MINING AND LOGGING EQUIPMENT, ETC.) WILL BE CONVERTED TO BRASS FOR THE N, Nn3 AND Z SCALE SPECIALTY MARKETS.
                      JIM

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                        Thanks for everyone's help and info, now the decisions and a learning curve to work on..

                        Bill