Re: [Z_Scale] ZVersionNowShowingVincent

  • reynard wellman
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 19 11:15 AM
      Hello Alan,
      Thank you! I checked out "DCC concepts" and they
      seem to understand the market and how we would
      use their products. Pre-wired is fantastic!

      The fact that these lamps only require a 1mm Dia.
      hole is very encouraging. Providing for such an
      accessory in my motorcycle designs will require
      and additional kit redesign, which may be of interest
      to us as a future offering.

      First I will obtain some of the white NANOlights for
      experimentation. If I perceive that it can be done,
      I will offer this kind of a kit at a later date with the
      LEDs included.

      Thank you for this Australian company website link!
      In addition, this may lead to a solution to many of the concepts
      I was working on 4 years ago that had to be laid to rest
      when I encountered such hostility from vendors here in the US.

      best regardZ,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com
      On Apr 19, 2011, at 11:09 AM, Alan Cox wrote:

      > On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:47:33 -0500
      > reynard wellman <micron@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Melissa,
      > >
      > > I am unsure as to what the size of a "sugar grain" LED is.
      > > Most of the importers of micro-scale electronic items here
      > > in the US are very arrogant and will not sell their items
      > > in less than 10K to 50K quantities --- far beyond my
      > > budget. I gave up talking to them 4 years ago.
      >
      > Might want to look at DCC concepts who also supply them with wires
      > attached ready (hoorah!)
      >
      > http://www.dccconcepts.com/index_files/Prewired08mm0603SMTLEDs.htm
      >
      > Alan

    • Melissa Cull
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 19 2:21 PM
        Hi Reynard,

        Glad you find the links helpful.

        If you do manage to develop an insulated split chassis for the motorcycle
        then that does away with the need for wires just solder fine wires to lower
        part of chassis to power and solder the nano LED's White headlamp and red
        tail in parallel to each half of chassis.

        SMT components are most safely soldered with solder paste and can be very
        fiddly so pre-wired may be the choice for less dextrous or time saving
        particularly as too much heat or static electricity and they are fried....

        The potential for nano / Sugar grain LED's is limitless:-)

        Kind RegardZ

        Melissa
        UK

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 19 3:47 PM
          Reynard,
          Have you considered using an optical fiber? I picked-up a lifetime supply a number of years ago in a $19.95 toy. They're 5 mils in diameter. You can use a pyro-pen to melt the end into a "lens" and once you route the fiber into the the benchwork you can use any light source you want.
          Mark