Yang Ming containers

  • mark2playz
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2011
      All,
      Anyone aware of available Yang Ming containers (any size) in Z?
      Mark
    • ztrack@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2011
        Mark,

        AZL has plans to release Yank Ming containers. They are 40'. These were
        released initially as part of their first run of 53' Thrall well cars. The
        appeared in set 90601-2.

        Here is the link to images:

        http://www.ztrack.com/AZL/amerzlines_53wellcars.html

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        Distributor American Z Line
        www.ztrack.com
        www.ztrackcenter.com
        www.ztrackresale.com
        6142 Northcliff Blvd
        Dublin OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703

      • mark2playz
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2011
          Rob,
          Thanks for the info. The container is what I'm looking for, although checking around on line it looks like the 990601-2 is long gone. Might you be able to hazard a guess whether the Yang Ming containers will be available before the end of summer?

          Mark

          > Mark,
          >
          > AZL has plans to release Yank Ming containers. They are 40'. These were
          > released initially as part of their first run of 53' Thrall well cars. The
          > appeared in set 90601-2.
          >
          > Here is the link to images:
          >
          > http://www.ztrack.com/AZL/amerzlines_53wellcars.html
          >
          > Rob
          >
          > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          > Distributor American Z Line
          > www.ztrack.com
          > www.ztrackcenter.com
          > www.ztrackresale.com
          > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
          > Dublin OH 43016
          > (614) 764-1703

        • Larry Card
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2011
            How about Blue Sun containers?

            V/R
            Larry P. Card
            Franklinton NC
            _________
            ./__________\.
            (]]]___o___[[[)
            |\_o______o_/|
            |__|..........|__|

            > AZL has plans to release Yank Ming containers. They are 40'. These were
            > released initially as part of their first run of 53' Thrall well cars. The
            > appeared in set 90601-2.

          • Malcolm Cleaveland
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 14, 2011
              On Wed Apr 13, 2011 mark.markham@... wrote:

              Yang Ming containers wrote:
              > All,
              > Anyone know of available Yang Ming containers (any size) in Z?
              > Mark

              Mark,

              Yang Ming has never run anything other than 40' containers, I'm pretty
              sure. The AZL containers will be exterior post (X-post) containers. I
              think that the X-post containers are appropriate for the 90s at the latest
              because the Yang Ming non-reefer fleet is now exclusively corrugated.
              Any X-post containers have been retired for over a decade I'd guess.
              (X-post containers are no longer being manufactured in any size. The 40s
              went out of production first.) If there are any X-posts still in use
              (other than on construction sites), you'd want to really weather them, put
              dents in them, etc for any time period within the last decade or two.

              By the way, MCZ Models has plans to release the corrugated 40' hi-cube
              Yang Ming, probably by late summer.

              CheerZ,
              -- Malcolm Z
              MCZ Models
            • mark2playz
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 14, 2011
                Malcolm,
                Thanks for the lesson on containers. I'm afraid I've been more of a boxcar modeller, so I'm not familiar with container details. I'll probably have some of the Yang family visiting this fall and I'd love to have a couple of containers on the layout, X-post or corrugated.
                Mark

              • ztrack@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 14, 2011
                  Mark,

                  I am hoping we will have it before the end of summer. I don't have the AZL
                  release schedule for their containers. We are wrapping up the 48' release at
                  this time.