Z Central Station thank you & announcement

  • soccrdad
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2011
      Hello Everyone,

      Z Central Station with the support of Stonebridge Models has wrapped up the Schoolhouse Bash Contest. There were some very nice entries, and you are most welcome to view them. The contest entries can be viewed in our "Showcase" module off the "Media" menu. Then select the "Contest Albums" to get to the "Schoolhouse Bash – 2011". I wish to thank Stonebridge Models for sponsoring the contest, and for the beautiful kit. I also want to congratulate our winners Fred Ladd and Bob Mitchell, excellent modeling gentlemen.

      Summer is around the corner, many of us will be enjoying the outdoors and other activities outside of modeling. We have a few module upgrades scheduled for this summer, along with a new feature or two. And for those who enjoy browsing through ZCS photo galleries, but sometimes gets lost. I want to start housekeeping the galleries, by re-assigning the photos to the correct folders and/or categories. As a test, we started on the "Train Shows" category, and have re-assigned most of the train show folders into it. This will work out well, but will be a long process for the other photos.

      One more note… I am truly sorry. Yes, I need to apologize for Stony and I. Wait, I don't want to incriminate Stony, so leave him out of it. It's my fault. But, then why should I take all the blame? Ok, let me start from the beginning. Early September 2010, I received an email from Rob Kluz introducing himself. Rob mentioned that we could continue on with the current ZCS ad in Ztrack or we could submit a new ad. Needless to say, Stony and I worked on a new ad, that, we really liked. The ad coincides with the website, and placed spikes for the features of ZCS. And before the end of September 2010, we submitted our new ad to Rob. So, after six months of keeping our next contest a total secret…

      I want to announce the "Hidden Railroad Abbreviations Search". Hidden are six railroad abbreviations in our ad of the last two Ztrack magazines. Since September 2010, we placed the same image on the home page of ZCS. You may use either to search for the hidden RR abbreviations. I have Z scale prize packages waiting for the first three correct responses. This contest will end on April 24th 12:00am PST. If the correct responses do not fulfill the three prizes, I will then accumulate the responses with five correct abbreviations and randomly draw entries until all prize packages are assigned. For your contest entries please email me at my soccrdad525 at yahoo dot com address. I will use the email date & time stamp for verification of contest entries. Good luck!

      Sincerely,

      John Kellett
      Z Central Station