Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Ztrack Electronic Versions

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 9, 2011
      > offering PDFs initially since this is the easiest and most cross platform. I
      > don't want to discount the eReaders and iBooks. Many of these devices use
      > proprietary software for their platforms. The one hurdle is cost. Many of these

      Actually thats very rarely the case. They almost all support PDF and I
      think all of the non PDF handling ones are too primitive to care about
      (won't be able to handle the images properly)

      There are comnpanies who like to tell you that you need to go with them,
      that you need their setup, that standard formats don't work, and that
      only they can save you from copying, but that's not quite the same thing !

      android and iphony both handle PDF happily. The early kindle is a bit of a
      mess but there are apps for users that can do the conversion for the poor
      things and Kindle DX and later can speak to adults without help.

      Some of the early dedicated systems only speak epub/mobi type stuff which
      really can't cope with magazine layouts anyway. I think its a fair guess
      they'll be extinct in a couple of years.