Re: [Z_Scale] treminal board

  • Rainer Kuhn
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
      Thanks Marty
      I'll check it out
      Ray in Long Island, New York

      ________________________________
      From: martin soll <solldesign@...>
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, April 4, 2011 3:57:18 PM
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] treminal board

      I'm not familiar with the specific terminal strip you are seeking, but have you
      tried digikey.com, alliedelec.com and newark.com? Any of those will have more
      products than Radio Shack.

      Marty in Estacada, Oregon

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
        Hey Kelly or nullachtfufzehn

        Thank you for your email.

        What's a PM?
        I found out that a Lötleiste comes with 30 contact and costs about 1.50 Euros. I
        would like to have 3 of them.
        So, if your are wiling to send them to me - how can we make that happen? What
        would you like to have from the US?

        rayas911@ yahoo.com
        aka Rainer Kuhn
        90 Sawtooth Cove
        Port Jefferson, NY 11777
        USA

        ________________________________
        Why dont you ask sombody in Germany to get you one?

        I know exactly what you are talking about..I can either get them at Conrad or my
        local hobby shop.

        There are always things I need to get from the USA but getting them is a problem
        as I donot have paypal.

        I am always willing to trade for somthing in Z
        Send me a PM and we can talk.
        Kelley

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Rainer Kuhn <rayas911@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > Now that I have just about completed my layout installation the next step is
        > total wiring.
        >
        > I am looking for what I call a terminal or distribution board (strip)which is
        > widely used in Germany but I am not been able to find it in the US so far. I
        > have tries Radio Shack, Best Buy and an electric supply outfit - all negative.
        > Here is what it looks like; a long fairly narrow strip of insulated plastic
        > usually in light brown or mustard color with little metal terminals running
        > across it (probably 24 or 25 connections) which the wire being soldered on to
        > them. Because of the space in between my base platform and the railroad module

        > board (which is Corning foam insulation) I would prefer those over the common
        > European style terminal strips widely available. Besides whatever terminal
        > boards I'm going to use they need to be glued to the foam board.
        >
        > On another note I recently saw a layout on You Tube that showed the last IC
        > passenger car with working red tail lights. Does anyone know if this comes in
        > kit form and if so, where to get it?
        >
        > As usual,
        >
        > Thank you for all your help and best regards
        >
        > Ray Kuhn

      • dr strangelove
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
          Tag Rainer,
          I will be making a run into Frankfurt soon and will pick some up for you.
          3 each 30 contact dingsbums..is that all you need?
          Gruesse aus der Heimat.

        • Rainer Kuhn
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
            Hi Kelly,
            Danke schöhn.
            Let me know when you will be sending them. I thought about making payment and it
            crossed my mind that I probably can get an international money order from a bank
            as I did in the 80th when I first started collecting. But what ever your
            preference is - fine with me.
            An sonsten brauche ich nichts im Moment aber wenn du einmal eine Marklin #
            88192 Schweitzer CARGO E-Lok oder eine Dänische MY 1100 DSB Diesel # 8832
            günstig findest bitte lass mich wissen.

            Ich brauche doch noch etwas und das ist Draht der glass isoliert und nur 0,3 bis
            0,4mm dick ist. (ungefähr der Durchmesser von einem Haar) Ich habe einmal in
            1991 eine Railex 01 in Berlin gekauft und vor einpaar Wochen den Draht
            zerbrochen. Die Strohmaufnahme für die Lok geht von den Tenderachsen über/durch
            den Führerstand zum Motor.

            So, that's enough for tonight. As you can see my German leaves to be desired!
            Where in the Heimatland do you live I'm curious to know. I originally came from
            Bremerhaven but I'm crazy about Hamburg or Berlin! Not necessarily in that order
            and I may visit sometimes in the fall.
            Anyway thank you again.
            With greetings from New York

            Rainer