Re: treminal board

  • dr strangelove
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2011
      Hi
      Why dont you ask sombody in Germany to get you one?

      I know exactly what you are talking about..I can either get them at Conrad or my local hobby shop.

      There are always things I need to get from the USA but getting them is a problem as I donot have paypal.

      I am always willing to trade for somthing in Z
      Send me a PM and we can talk.
      Kelley

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Rainer Kuhn <rayas911@...> wrote:

      > Hi everybody,
      >
      > Now that I have just about completed my layout installation the next step is
      > total wiring.
      >
      > I am looking for what I call a terminal or distribution board (strip)which is
      > widely used in Germany but I am not been able to find it in the US so far. I
      > have tries Radio Shack, Best Buy and an electric supply outfit - all negative.
      > Here is what it looks like; a long fairly narrow strip of insulated plastic
      > usually in light brown or mustard color with little metal terminals running
      > across it (probably 24 or 25 connections) which the wire being soldered on to
      > them. Because of the space in between my base platform and the railroad module
      > board (which is Corning foam insulation) I would prefer those over the common
      > European style terminal strips widely available. Besides whatever terminal
      > boards I'm going to use they need to be glued to the foam board.
      >
      > On another note I recently saw a layout on You Tube that showed the last IC
      > passenger car with working red tail lights. Does anyone know if this comes in
      > kit form and if so, where to get it?
      >
      > As usual,
      >
      > Thank you for all your help and best regards
      >
      > Ray Kuhn

    • Rainer Kuhn
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
        Thanks Marty
        I'll check it out
        Ray in Long Island, New York

        ________________________________
        I'm not familiar with the specific terminal strip you are seeking, but have you
        tried digikey.com, alliedelec.com and newark.com? Any of those will have more
        products than Radio Shack.

        Marty in Estacada, Oregon

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
          Hey Kelly or nullachtfufzehn

          Thank you for your email.

          What's a PM?
          I found out that a Lötleiste comes with 30 contact and costs about 1.50 Euros. I
          would like to have 3 of them.
          So, if your are wiling to send them to me - how can we make that happen? What
          would you like to have from the US?

          rayas911@ yahoo.com
          aka Rainer Kuhn
          90 Sawtooth Cove
          Port Jefferson, NY 11777
          USA

          ________________________________
          Why dont you ask sombody in Germany to get you one?

          I know exactly what you are talking about..I can either get them at Conrad or my
          local hobby shop.

          There are always things I need to get from the USA but getting them is a problem
          as I donot have paypal.

          I am always willing to trade for somthing in Z
          Send me a PM and we can talk.
          Kelley

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Rainer Kuhn <rayas911@...> wrote:

          > Hi everybody,
          >
          > Now that I have just about completed my layout installation the next step is
          > total wiring.
          >
          > I am looking for what I call a terminal or distribution board (strip)which is
          > widely used in Germany but I am not been able to find it in the US so far. I
          > have tries Radio Shack, Best Buy and an electric supply outfit - all negative.
          > Here is what it looks like; a long fairly narrow strip of insulated plastic
          > usually in light brown or mustard color with little metal terminals running
          > across it (probably 24 or 25 connections) which the wire being soldered on to
          > them. Because of the space in between my base platform and the railroad module

          > board (which is Corning foam insulation) I would prefer those over the common
          > European style terminal strips widely available. Besides whatever terminal
          > boards I'm going to use they need to be glued to the foam board.
          >
          > On another note I recently saw a layout on You Tube that showed the last IC
          > passenger car with working red tail lights. Does anyone know if this comes in
          > kit form and if so, where to get it?
          >
          > As usual,
          >
          > Thank you for all your help and best regards
          >
          > Ray Kuhn

        • dr strangelove
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
            Tag Rainer,
            I will be making a run into Frankfurt soon and will pick some up for you.
            3 each 30 contact dingsbums..is that all you need?
            Gruesse aus der Heimat.

          • Rainer Kuhn
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
              Hi Kelly,
              Danke schöhn.
              Let me know when you will be sending them. I thought about making payment and it
              crossed my mind that I probably can get an international money order from a bank
              as I did in the 80th when I first started collecting. But what ever your
              preference is - fine with me.
              An sonsten brauche ich nichts im Moment aber wenn du einmal eine Marklin #
              88192 Schweitzer CARGO E-Lok oder eine Dänische MY 1100 DSB Diesel # 8832
              günstig findest bitte lass mich wissen.

              Ich brauche doch noch etwas und das ist Draht der glass isoliert und nur 0,3 bis
              0,4mm dick ist. (ungefähr der Durchmesser von einem Haar) Ich habe einmal in
              1991 eine Railex 01 in Berlin gekauft und vor einpaar Wochen den Draht
              zerbrochen. Die Strohmaufnahme für die Lok geht von den Tenderachsen über/durch
              den Führerstand zum Motor.

              So, that's enough for tonight. As you can see my German leaves to be desired!
              Where in the Heimatland do you live I'm curious to know. I originally came from
              Bremerhaven but I'm crazy about Hamburg or Berlin! Not necessarily in that order
              and I may visit sometimes in the fall.
              Anyway thank you again.
              With greetings from New York

              Rainer