Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Bullfrog Snot?

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
      > challenge. If you can get your hands on Tungsten powder (heavier than lead) mix it with a thinned PVA or solvent thinned
      > epoxy and make yourself some weights.

      Be very very careful how you do that. Some mixes of metals and solvents
      react and expand over time, including (as many modellers discovered the
      catastrophic way) lead + pva.
    • rvn20012000
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 4, 2011
        Contrary to what others here have said, I have applied Bullfrog Snot to some of my locos with positive results. I had 3 AZL SD70s that had trouble after a while and just spun their wheels. I applied the Bullfrog Snot to the appropriate wheels and they now run like they used to. I have also applied it to the wheels of steam engines from Marklin and Tenshodo with positive results. You will need to turn the loco upside down and run the wheels while applying it. You should also pay attention to apply it to powered wheels that aren't responsible for electrical pick-up where possible. I use a pin or needle point to apply it sparingly to the wheels on one axle. You should be careful while applying it but I've never caused any problems for any of my locos.

        Thom Welsch

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "mmgpsych" <mmgpsych@...> wrote:

        > Who here has any experience with Bullfrog Snot? How much does it help with traction, if at all? Are there any dangers in applying it? (Can you muck up a loco beyond repair if you get it wrong?) Also, must your loco's wheels be powered and spinning when you apply it? Thanks in advance.

      • Michael Gindi
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 5, 2011
          Thanks so much for all the answers. It appears almost unanimous that BS
          is BS for Z. Thanks again.
          mmg