Re: [Z_Scale] F7 running hot

  • reynard wellman
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2011
      Hi Malcolm,

      Yes, my MTL F7s have always run hot.
      Maybe I overloaded them with the weight
      of too many cars which is tempting to do.
      They look so cool, especially the Santa Fe
      Warbonnet.

      But don't be surprised if one day they no longer run.

      best regardZ,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com
      On Mar 28, 2011, at 9:07 AM, Malcolm Cleaveland wrote:

      > I was running my Z layout at a train show. I decided to run a new F7
      > that I'd run before for about 20 minutes to "break it in". I ran it for
      > about an hour and a half (it ran well) and decided to replace it with
      > other motive power. When I picked it up, I was shocked to find that it
      > was hot. Not too hot to hold, but definitely more than warm. I only have
      > 2 F7s and don't run them much. Is this normal?
      >
      > CheerZ,
      > -- Malcolm Z

    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 28, 2011
        Which power supply do you run it with? No pulse power? Another field of investigation could be the lubricant becoming thick, especially if the loco is not run oftenly. In that case it's a matter of dissasembling the loco, cleaning the moving parts from the old lubricant, reassembling the loco again and relubricating.
        Dom