Re: Re : [Z_Scale] Re: Standards Gage

  • Lee Barry
    Message 1 of 47 , Feb 25, 2011
      HooRay, I've finally found him after a lifetime of looking. His name is Loren
      Snyder. The man who cannot pour "pee" out of his boot with the DIRECTIONS on the
      HEEL!!! Lee Barry. Oh buy the way I got my Mar 2011 MTL mag today and the first
      F& set is Alaska Railroad. Could it be that Sarah Palin has paid Eric and them
      to do this? Lee

      ________________________________
      From: reynard wellman
      Date: 2/25/2011 5:29:06 AM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

      Loren,
      Well said!

      BTW, I seriously doubt that the NMRA can "patent" anything
      to do with Z scale "standards" unless Marklin somehow signs
      off on it, since Marklin is the primary originators and inventors
      of the scale. NMRA can only Copyright the "look" of the tool(s) that
      They might manufacture with the NMRA seal of approval on them.

      Loren, you can do it. If you like, make a tool of your own design
      and materials. Include things that you believe to be relevant to us
      model builders and we should be happy to purchase and use them.

      I look forward to the "Loren Z Gauger Tool".

      warm regardZ,
      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com

    • mark2playz
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 17, 2011
        Hi,
        Just wanted to mention that the NRMA aprroved the S-7 clearances specification in February:
        http://www.nmra.com/standards/sandrp/pdf/s-7_2011_02.pdf
        which now includes dimensions for Z.

        Mark