Re: Micro Trains Switches, is there a alternative to the bulky switch machine?

  • sj_baz_man
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2011
      If the roadbed surface it not too thick , you could mount the MTL remote (or even an ordinary relay for that matter) under it. Drill a small hole in the remote machines link, put a small stiff wire in it (like K&S sells) up into a small hole in the 'manual' turnout's little side slide.

      Another way but more labor intensive is to use the classic manual push/pull coax cable, like bicycle brakes (and you can see an example on the BluePoint turnout controls) http://www.newrailmodels.com/flex_link.htm

      You really would not need the magnet if you did the remote manual HOWEVER, that magnet allows the points to give while running thru them, like the Märklin's.

      Jeff
      SF Bay Area Z