Re: Marklin Z lookup?

  • ronaldjhurley
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 24, 2011
      I have an unusual car from the early 90's when I first became interested in Z. It contains a certified piece of the Berlin Wall (fence) that was finally dismantled. Has anybody else seen one of these? I couldn't find it on the list or perhaps my high school German isn't up to par!

      ron

      --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:

      > Hello Mitch,
      >
      > > Try this site:
      >
      > http://www.z-world.com/
      >
      > there's another one:
      >
      > http://www.zscale.de
      >
      > on the left side below "Bildergalerie Märklin" you can find the item#
      > sorted.
      >

      > --
      > GreetingZ
      > Uwe

    • Dan Swartling
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 24, 2011
        I have 2 of those. They were sold by a shop in Germany. It is not the Berlin
        Wall but a piece of the "iron curtain", placed in a standard issue 8610 flat
        car.

        Dan

        ________________________________
        I have an unusual car from the early 90's when I first became interested in Z.
        It contains a certified piece of the Berlin Wall (fence) that was finally
        dismantled. Has anybody else seen one of these? I couldn't find it on the list
        or perhaps my high school German isn't up to par!

        ron

        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, Uwe Liermann <maillist@...> wrote:

        > Hello Mitch,
        >
        > > Try this site:
        >
        > http://www.z-world.com/
        >
        > there's another one:
        >
        > http://www.zscale.de
        >
        > on the left side below "Bildergalerie Märklin" you can find the item#
        > sorted.
        >

        > --
        > GreetingZ
        > Uwe

      • Uwe Liermann
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 24, 2011
          Hello ron,

          > I have an unusual car from the early 90's when I first became
          > interested in Z. It contains a certified piece of the Berlin Wall
          > (fence) that was finally dismantled. Has anybody else seen one of
          > these? I couldn't find it on the list or perhaps my high school
          > German isn't up to par!

          I knew about one car with a stone from the Berlin Wall:

          http://www.z-spur.de/sonderwagen.html

          it's the one in the top right. This car was produced for the
          "Freundeskreis der Spur Z Hamburg" which is a local group of Z-friends
          in Hamburg (where I'm a member).

          There might as well be another car, but I don't have a item# at hand.

          --
          GreetingZ
          Uwe
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
            I have one of those as well and my notes say the item number is Z-183.

            Here is my webpage with the item in the PDF (wanring - the PDF is 3.8 Mb!)

            http://www.theteddybearcave.com/Trains-RefPage-Special.pdf

            The item is on page 23.

            I also found it on Z World:

            http://www.z-world.com/cgi-bin-local/iteminfo3.cgi?items=1&titles=1&entry=Z183

            Hope this helps.

            :-)

            - Mark
          • ronaldjhurley
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
              That's it Dan. So it wasn't a Marklin original, but a special aftermarket piece?
              ron