Re: Re : [Z_Scale] Re: Standards Gage

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 47 , Feb 24, 2011
      *Problems - Problems. Loren and I kicked this around about a month ago. He
      was kind of leaving it to me to compile the dimensions. I dragged a lot
      together several years ago, but I never did it recently. I fail to
      understand how NMRA could get a patent on this type of a gauge especially if
      theirs is metal and Loren's was laser cut. Obviously his wouldn't be as
      durable. OTOH we would have a gauge until NMRA gets into gear. I don't
      know who all is on the committee although I think Rob Kluz may be. You can
      wait forever for a standard, but in the meantime a lot of layouts are being
      built with no standards. When I built mine I just took the biggest car I
      could find and pushed it all over the layout to set clearances. Not the
      best way, but it seemed to have worked.

      ...don
      *

      --
      *...don a* *- Northern Ohio, USA*

    • mark2playz
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 17, 2011
        Hi,
        Just wanted to mention that the NRMA aprroved the S-7 clearances specification in February:
        http://www.nmra.com/standards/sandrp/pdf/s-7_2011_02.pdf
        which now includes dimensions for Z.

        Mark