Re: AZL Releases Budd RDCs

  • Ell
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 5, 2011
      Rob,

      This excellent site shows B&O and B&M each had 19 RDCs (and other eastern roads had a number of them). Can you explain the rational of having SP in the first run, when they only had one, but not having any of the eastern roads? AZL is no alone in this sort of bias, other companies do it too. In fact, B&O wasn't even included in the list of proposed roadnames that I remember from a while back.

      Ell Geib

      > Zane,
      >
      > The SP only had one RDC, which is #10. I have this great link of photos of
      > RDCs by road name. Lots of great photos if anyone is interested:
      >
      > http://passcarphotos.info/Indices/RDC1.htm
      >
      > Blue will be coming in the form on the B&M. AZL is also planning addition
      > road names in the 2nd run. An undecorated will be released soon for those who
      > want to do it them selves.
      >
      > Rob
      >

      > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      > www.ztrack.com
      > www.ztrackcenter.com
      > www.ztrackresale.com
      > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
      > Dublin OH 43016
      > (614) 764-1703

    • Alan Cox
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 11, 2011
        On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 05:20:20 -0000
        "trainssd" <greg@...> wrote:

        > That explains it. As far as DCC, will pull it apart. I think I might try an ESU motor and sound decoder, as I have not mastered the CT Elektronik downloads yet....

        The CT is a bit fun. You need to have the software set that matches the
        decoder version, and you also need to have a serial port or USB port &
        cable that has some of the control lines wired, and the port seems to
        need to propogate the control lines synchronously (I think that's a bug
        in the CT software). Bit of a pain but it's loud and good.

        The Digitrax SDN144PS is a similar size to the CT, far more flexible, but
        has an additional capacitor that needs hiding and isn't quite so loud.