Re: [Z_Scale] AZL Releases Budd RDCs

  • Zane H. Healy
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 4, 2011
      Hi Rob,
      Thanks for the reply. It sounds I need to wait for the second run.
      I'm glad to hear blue & undecorated will be coming.

      In doing some research at that website POTB 552 was originally NJDOT
      552 and POTB 553 was originally NJT/NJDOT 553. Both are Budd RDC1's.

      Looks like the two that Tri-Met just put into service locally are ARR
      702 (Budd RDC3m) and ARR 711 (Budd RDC2). They're running a short
      distance from where we live, but I haven't seen them or the Colorado
      Railcar DMU's that Tri-Met is running for WES.

      Also SP 10 was at one point OP&E 100 (Oregon Pacific & Eastern), so
      would be at least semi-appropriate for what I'm collecting trains
      for, and I collect SP. I'll have to think about that, as the POTB
      are the most appropriate ones. I also seen ORRX (Oregon Department
      of Transportation) had 2 RDC1's and a RDC3.

      Thanks,
      Zane

      At 8:29 AM -0500 2/4/11, ztrack@... wrote:
      >Zane,
      >
      >The SP only had one RDC, which is #10. I have this great link of photos of
      >RDCs by road name. Lots of great photos if anyone is interested:
      >
      >http://passcarphotos.info/Indices/RDC1.htm
      >
      >Blue will be coming in the form on the B&M. AZL is also planning addition
      >road names in the 2nd run. An undecorated will be released soon for those who
      >want to do it them selves.
      >
      >Rob
      >

      >Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      >www.ztrack.com
      >www.ztrackcenter.com
      >www.ztrackresale.com
      >6142 Northcliff Blvd
      >Dublin OH 43016
      >(614) 764-1703

      | healyzh@... | OpenVMS Enthusiast |
      | | Photographer |
      | My flickr Photostream |
      | http://www.flickr.com/photos/33848088@N03/ |
    • Alan Cox
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 11, 2011
        On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 05:20:20 -0000
        "trainssd" <greg@...> wrote:

        > That explains it. As far as DCC, will pull it apart. I think I might try an ESU motor and sound decoder, as I have not mastered the CT Elektronik downloads yet....

        The CT is a bit fun. You need to have the software set that matches the
        decoder version, and you also need to have a serial port or USB port &
        cable that has some of the control lines wired, and the port seems to
        need to propogate the control lines synchronously (I think that's a bug
        in the CT software). Bit of a pain but it's loud and good.

        The Digitrax SDN144PS is a similar size to the CT, far more flexible, but
        has an additional capacitor that needs hiding and isn't quite so loud.