Re: AZL Releases Budd RDCs

  • rgminutillo
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 4, 2011
      No B&M! All West Coast! Aw Gee, and here I was with my pennies all saved...

      RGM

      > American Z Line has released Budd RDC-1s and RDC-2s. AZL has released four
      > liveries. These are:
      >
      > ATSF:
      > 62203-1 road number DC191
      > 62203-2 road number DC 192
      >
      > WP:
      > 62204-1 road number 375
      > 62204-2 road number 376
      >
      > CP:
      > 92205-1 road number 9066
      > 92205-2 road number 9070
      >
      > SP:
      > 62206-1 road number 10.
      >
      > The RDCs feature prototype specific printing, detailed multicolor pad
      > printing, directional controlled lighting, interiors, blackened metal wheels,
      > powerful can motor, and AZL's AutoLatch couplers. MSRP is $166.00. Contact your
      > authorized AZL dealer to order.
      >
      > Images of the RDCs can be found at:
      > http://www.ztrack.com/AZL/AZL_Budd_RDC.html
      >
      > Rob Kluz
      >
      > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      > www.ztrack.com
      > www.ztrackcenter.com
      > www.ztrackresale.com
      > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
      > Dublin OH 43016
      > (614) 764-1703

    • Alan Cox
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 11, 2011
        On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 05:20:20 -0000
        "trainssd" <greg@...> wrote:

        > That explains it. As far as DCC, will pull it apart. I think I might try an ESU motor and sound decoder, as I have not mastered the CT Elektronik downloads yet....

        The CT is a bit fun. You need to have the software set that matches the
        decoder version, and you also need to have a serial port or USB port &
        cable that has some of the control lines wired, and the port seems to
        need to propogate the control lines synchronously (I think that's a bug
        in the CT software). Bit of a pain but it's loud and good.

        The Digitrax SDN144PS is a similar size to the CT, far more flexible, but
        has an additional capacitor that needs hiding and isn't quite so loud.