AZL Releases Budd RDCs

  • ztrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 3, 2011
      American Z Line has released Budd RDC-1s and RDC-2s. AZL has released four
      liveries. These are:

      ATSF:
      62203-1 road number DC191
      62203-2 road number DC 192

      WP:
      62204-1 road number 375
      62204-2 road number 376

      CP:
      92205-1 road number 9066
      92205-2 road number 9070

      SP:
      62206-1 road number 10.

      The RDCs feature prototype specific printing, detailed multicolor pad
      printing, directional controlled lighting, interiors, blackened metal wheels,
      powerful can motor, and AZL's AutoLatch couplers. MSRP is $166.00. Contact your
      authorized AZL dealer to order.

      Images of the RDCs can be found at:
      http://www.ztrack.com/AZL/AZL_Budd_RDC.html

      Rob Kluz

      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      www.ztrack.com
      www.ztrackcenter.com
      www.ztrackresale.com
      6142 Northcliff Blvd
      Dublin OH 43016
      (614) 764-1703

    • Alan Cox
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 11, 2011
        On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 05:20:20 -0000
        "trainssd" <greg@...> wrote:

        > That explains it. As far as DCC, will pull it apart. I think I might try an ESU motor and sound decoder, as I have not mastered the CT Elektronik downloads yet....

        The CT is a bit fun. You need to have the software set that matches the
        decoder version, and you also need to have a serial port or USB port &
        cable that has some of the control lines wired, and the port seems to
        need to propogate the control lines synchronously (I think that's a bug
        in the CT software). Bit of a pain but it's loud and good.

        The Digitrax SDN144PS is a similar size to the CT, far more flexible, but
        has an additional capacitor that needs hiding and isn't quite so loud.