Re: [Z_Scale] Welcome back to the USA Marklin!

  • Don Avila
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
      *The link below appears to have a problem, UNLESS this is a site you have to
      register. It does not appear to accept a direct input.

      ...don

      *
      On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:03 PM, <ztrack@...> wrote:

      > It appears Yahoo did not like my first email. Lets try this again!
      >

      > Marklin has announced their list of 2011 new items. This years releases are
      >
      > heavily weighed toward eras II - IV. There are two wonderful surprises for
      > this year. For European fans, there are three all new freight cars! These
      > cars represent all new tooling never seen before in the M�rklin line. The
      > first all new car is acid transport cars. Each car carries 12 smaller
      > containers. There are two versions of these cars released, with and without
      > brakeman's
      > cab. The new all new piece of rolling stock is articulated boxcars. The
      > final all new body style is a class OOtz 43 hopper.
      >
      > American has also released two new sets for the US market. It has been a
      > number of years Marklin has offered US products. The first release is an
      > EMD
      > GP7 A-B-A set for the ATSF. It appears in the experimental yellow and
      > silver
      > scheme. The next new release is a set of 18 freight cars. It included PRR,
      > UP and ATSF flatcars, SP, UP and ATSF boxcars, SP, UP and ATSF gondolas,
      > PRR,
      > UP, and ATSF four bay hoppers, PRR, UP and ATSF tank cars, and finally SP,
      > UP and ATSF cabooses.
      >
      > A PDF of the German language new items brochure can be downloaded by
      > clicking on the following link:
      >
      > http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/produkte/pdfs/Maerklin_NH-Prospekt_2011.pdf
      >
      > Rob Kluz
      >
      > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
      > www.ztrack.com
      > www.ztrackcenter.com
      > www.ztrackresale.com
      > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
      > Dublin OH 43016
      > (614) 764-1703

      *...don a* *- Northern Ohio, USA*

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
        Don,

        The link is to a direct download. It may download the PDF in your
        background. No webpage will be opened.

        Rob

        Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
        www.ztrack.com
        www.ztrackcenter.com
        www.ztrackresale.com
        6142 Northcliff Blvd
        Dublin OH 43016
        (614) 764-1703

      • Melissa Cull
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
          Hi Don,

          If having problems with download links right click on link and click save
          target and decide where to save it yourself or it could go into a hidden
          temp file.

          Kind RegardZ

          Melissa
          UK

          *The link below appears to have a problem, UNLESS this is a site you have to
          register. It does not appear to accept a direct input.

          ...don

          *
          On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:03 PM, <ztrack@...> wrote:

          > It appears Yahoo did not like my first email. Lets try this again!
          >

          > Marklin has announced their list of 2011 new items. This years releases
          are

          > heavily weighed toward eras II - IV. There are two wonderful surprises for
          > this year. For European fans, there are three all new freight cars! These
          > cars represent all new tooling never seen before in the Märklin line. The
          > first all new car is acid transport cars. Each car carries 12 smaller
          > containers. There are two versions of these cars released, with and
          without
          > brakeman's
          > cab. The new all new piece of rolling stock is articulated boxcars. The
          > final all new body style is a class OOtz 43 hopper.
          >
          > American has also released two new sets for the US market. It has been a
          > number of years Marklin has offered US products. The first release is an
          > EMD
          > GP7 A-B-A set for the ATSF. It appears in the experimental yellow and
          > silver
          > scheme. The next new release is a set of 18 freight cars. It included PRR,
          > UP and ATSF flatcars, SP, UP and ATSF boxcars, SP, UP and ATSF gondolas,
          > PRR,
          > UP, and ATSF four bay hoppers, PRR, UP and ATSF tank cars, and finally SP,
          > UP and ATSF cabooses.
          >
          > A PDF of the German language new items brochure can be downloaded by
          > clicking on the following link:
          >
          > http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/produkte/pdfs/Maerklin_NH-Prospekt_2011.pdf
          >
          > Rob Kluz
          >
          > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
          > www.ztrack.com
          > www.ztrackcenter.com
          > www.ztrackresale.com
          > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
          > Dublin OH 43016
          > (614) 764-1703

          *...don a* *- Northern Ohio, USA*

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
            *Rob:

            I realize that, but it hangs. Try it.

            ...don

            *
            On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 8:44 AM, <ztrack@...> wrote:

            > Don,
            >
            > The link is to a direct download. It may download the PDF in your
            > background. No webpage will be opened.
            >
            > Rob
            >

            > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
            > www.ztrack.com
            > www.ztrackcenter.com
            > www.ztrackresale.com
            > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
            > Dublin OH 43016
            > (614) 764-1703

            *...don a* *- Northern Ohio, USA*

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
              Don,

              Just tested and working fine. This is a relatively large file and may take
              a few minutes to download. Also, I know the Marklin servers are being
              hammered due to the new releases.

              Rob

              Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
              www.ztrack.com
              www.ztrackcenter.com
              www.ztrackresale.com
              6142 Northcliff Blvd
              Dublin OH 43016
              (614) 764-1703

            • de Champeaux Dominique
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
                One easy way to solve this problem: go to Google, search Marklin, select English langage (window on the upper RH side), the Z scale products, then "new items", or sthg like that. <wink>
                Dom

                > > The link is to a direct download. It may download the
                > PDF in your
                > > background. No webpage will be opened.
                > >
                > > Rob
                > >

                > > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                > > www.ztrack.com
                > > www.ztrackcenter.com
                > > www.ztrackresale.com
                > > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
                > > Dublin OH 43016
                > > (614) 764-1703

                > --
                > *...don a*  *- Northern Ohio, USA*

                >     z_scale-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              • Don Avila
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
                  *I'll try again. I tried everyone's suggestions last night. The download
                  to a PDF starts and then hangs. I let it sit for about 30 minutes while
                  doing something else and there was still no movement. On the Google search
                  I found a bunch of stuff, but most wanted some serious money for a
                  download. I must have a computer that is doing what IT wants, not what I
                  want.

                  ...don

                  *
                  On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:00 AM, de Champeaux Dominique <ddechamp71@...

                  --
                  *...don a* *- Northern Ohio, USA*

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
                    *I give up. Can someone email a PDF attachement? zbarr474 at gmail dot com
                    *

                    --
                    *...don a* *- Northern Ohio, USA*

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
                      Don,

                      The file is 23 MBs. It is too large for me to email to you. Go to:

                      http://www.maerklin.com/en/products/gauge_z/new_items.html

                      You will be able to see the new products.

                      Rob

                      Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                      www.ztrack.com
                      www.ztrackcenter.com
                      www.ztrackresale.com
                      6142 Northcliff Blvd
                      Dublin OH 43016
                      (614) 764-1703

                    • Don Avila
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
                        *Thanks, that worked.

                        ...don

                        *
                        On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:17 AM, <ztrack@...> wrote:

                        > Don,
                        >
                        > The file is 23 MBs. It is too large for me to email to you. Go to:
                        >
                        > http://www.maerklin.com/en/products/gauge_z/new_items.html
                        >
                        > You will be able to see the new products.
                        >

                        > Rob
                        >
                        > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                        > www.ztrack.com
                        > www.ztrackcenter.com
                        > www.ztrackresale.com
                        > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
                        > Dublin OH 43016
                        > (614) 764-1703

                        *...don a* *- Northern Ohio, USA*

                      • reynard wellman
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
                          Hi Rob,
                          Your latest link is working for me. Had a look at AT&SF EMD F7
                          lashup and it is excellent! Have had experience with the Tee Train
                          units and with the engines & coaches linked together, they are very exciting
                          to watch (directional lighting etc.), so I expect that this F7
                          configuration will also be a joy to run!

                          Again, nice going Marklin!

                          Reynard
                          http://www.micronart.com

                          On Jan 19, 2011, at 8:17 AM, ztrack@... wrote:

                          > Don,
                          >
                          > The file is 23 MBs. It is too large for me to email to you. Go to:
                          >
                          > http://www.maerklin.com/en/products/gauge_z/new_items.html
                          >
                          > You will be able to see the new products.
                          >
                          > Rob
                          >
                          > Ztrack Magazine Ltd.
                          > www.ztrack.com
                          > www.ztrackcenter.com
                          > www.ztrackresale.com
                          > 6142 Northcliff Blvd
                          > Dublin OH 43016
                          > (614) 764-1703

                        • FT. Dewey
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 19, 2011
                            "*The link below appears to have a problem, UNLESS this is a site you have to
                            register.  It does not appear to accept a direct input.

                            ...don"

                            It loaded for me, no problem. Took a short while for the pictures (but I have an old computer that is slow.)            DEWEY

                            o _____ || |
                            .][__n_n_|DD[ ====_____ | |
                            _/oo OOOOO oo` ooo ooo 'o!o!o o!o!o`

                            *The link below appears to have a problem, UNLESS this is a site you have to
                            register.  It does not appear to accept a direct input.

                            ...don

                            > http://medienpdb.maerklin.de/produkte/pdfs/Maerklin_NH-Prospekt_2011.pdf
                            >
                            > Rob Kluz

                          • Robert Toole