Re: [Z_Scale] SD 40-2 <--> DCC??

  • Don Fedjur
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 9, 2011
      Hello Joop,

      Sounds like your dealer is learning at your expense >-)-

      The Digitrax Decoder is not gonna work for the SD-40. You definitely want to go to the TCS. That said, there is a number of key adjustments that you will have to make on the engine chassis in order to get it installed and working properly. I speak from experience as I have installed many decoders in the Micro-Train Engines. The SD-40 just takes for work then the other MTL product offerings. The Micro-Trains SD-40 is best in class product that gets even better with the addition of DCC.

      If you want to call me on the phone, I can explain the key points to you, how to, in greater detail. Contact me off forum at donfedjur@...
      Also........I can offer you the decoder and decoder installation as a service.

      Don Fedjur
      Carlsbad, CA