Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Any Huet Switchers Actually Produced?

  • David Epling
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
      I was thinking the same thing

      From: pray59_3
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2011 9:15 AM
      Subject: [Z_Scale] Re: Any Huet Switchers Actually Produced?

      haha! Wouldn't it be funny if the photo of the Huet Switcher was ACTUALLY of a modified Zthek Switcher!

      NOT!

      Robert Ray

    • brian_19642001
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
        Well, it would be less funny for us! Anyone interested in sharing emails and details about Gerard Huet, please contact me--I'll respect confidentiality if you prefer that. I'm gathering information in case it is needed in the event of an action.
        Brian
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <cct24@...> wrote:

        > I was thinking the same thing

      • de Champeaux Dominique
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
          Guys, as an inhabitant of the "stinkin' cheese eater country" I may help you to contact the French Justice Ministery if you intend an action. I'm ashamed by such a behaviour that only makes a bad shadow on France and my fellow countrymen.
          Dom

          Well, it would be less funny for us! Anyone interested in sharing emails and details about Gerard Huet, please contact me--I'll respect confidentiality if you prefer that. I'm gathering information in case it is needed in the event of an action.
          Brian
          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <cct24@...> wrote:

          > I was thinking the same thing

        • brian_19642001
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
            Thank you, Dom. It may yet come to that. As I've mentioned on other boards, after exchanges with Huet himself and his daughter in Pennsylvania, I've received four photos of one unpainted, unfinished locomotive. For all I know, the photos may be months old and of the original protoype, and nothing new has been built. If I believe his daughter, she is being told by him that he is about to send me pictures of a painted (Canadian Pacific) switcher, but with me he is making excuses about not having the right light conditions to photograph. So....he is either buying time while he actually assembles and paints something, or....there will be some other excuse shortly. Rob has provided Z scalers with the link to report mail fraud in the US (because some money from various buyers went through the daughter in Pennsylvania), and I think we should hang on to Dom's offer to report to the Justice Ministry. Both I will need shortly unless I receive something more than photos of unfinished switchers.

            Brian

            > Guys, as an inhabitant of the "stinkin' cheese eater country" I may help you to contact the French Justice Ministery if you intend an action. I'm ashamed by such a behaviour that only makes a bad shadow on France and my fellow countrymen.
            > Dom

          • brian_19642001
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2011
              Hi Everyone: on the Huet website are 6 pictures of the painted and decalled CN and CP switchers I've had on order. I'll let you know when I receive them about running characteristics.