Re: [Z_Scale] Track and Ballast laying

  • reynard wellman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hello Keith and also to Greg,
      Thanks for the video of state-of-the-art track laying.
      It shows just how important good engineering and
      equipment is for handling today's heavy freight traffic.

      Thanks to Greg for his comprehensive explanation of
      on how he applies roadbed for Z scale. Careful work
      pays off in very good looking track. Also, take a look
      at John Cubin's latest B&O Railroad track and roadbed.
      It's amazing!
      http://ztrains.com/basics/decals/decals_3.html

      A subject like this is never dead, unless you just want
      to use snap-together track on your coffee table and
      call it a "layout" (BTW I do this all the time when I
      want to watch TV and play with my latest Z trains, though
      the cats will attack if I'm not looking:>)

      Reynard
      http://www.micronart.com

    • donfedjur@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
        Awesome! Thanks for the URL. Where can I get one of those roadbed and
        ballasting consists in Z-Scale?

        Gives one the idea that if you use a vibrating device, we make get a
        better result. A tiny pager motor would do the trick.

        Don

      • Edward Scullin
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
          I didn't see any tea spoons, spray bottles or any other glue container.  Don't those guys know anything?Ed ScullinRoanoke VA

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
            Hello Don,

            > Gives one the idea that if you use a vibrating device, we make get a
            > better result. A tiny pager motor would do the trick.

            well, maybe not a pager motor, but perhaps this might do the trick:

            http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3di9d_modellbahngleis-schottern-mit-stopf_family

            --
            GreetingZ
            Uwe
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
              UWE,

              Pretty cool. Except that vibrating device looks like something from the
              adult movie store. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Good that it
              can get recycled, uh have more that one use.

              Don

            • David Epling
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
                BOW CHICKA BOW WOW!!!!

                Pretty cool. Except that vibrating device looks like something from the
                adult movie store. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Good that it
                can get recycled, uh have more that one use.

                Don

              • Michael Piersdorff
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
                  Don, you've lost me...whatever else would one use that tool for, other than smoothing out your ballast...

                  Michael

                  Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
                  TRY IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if2 for FREE