Track and Ballast laying

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
      Check out this video on track and ballast laying.

      http://tinyurl.com/32jkfec
    • reynard wellman
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
        Hello Keith and also to Greg,
        Thanks for the video of state-of-the-art track laying.
        It shows just how important good engineering and
        equipment is for handling today's heavy freight traffic.

        Thanks to Greg for his comprehensive explanation of
        on how he applies roadbed for Z scale. Careful work
        pays off in very good looking track. Also, take a look
        at John Cubin's latest B&O Railroad track and roadbed.
        It's amazing!
        http://ztrains.com/basics/decals/decals_3.html

        A subject like this is never dead, unless you just want
        to use snap-together track on your coffee table and
        call it a "layout" (BTW I do this all the time when I
        want to watch TV and play with my latest Z trains, though
        the cats will attack if I'm not looking:>)

        Reynard
        http://www.micronart.com

      • donfedjur@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
          Awesome! Thanks for the URL. Where can I get one of those roadbed and
          ballasting consists in Z-Scale?

          Gives one the idea that if you use a vibrating device, we make get a
          better result. A tiny pager motor would do the trick.

          Don

        • Edward Scullin
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
            I didn't see any tea spoons, spray bottles or any other glue container.  Don't those guys know anything?Ed ScullinRoanoke VA

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
              Hello Don,

              > Gives one the idea that if you use a vibrating device, we make get a
              > better result. A tiny pager motor would do the trick.

              well, maybe not a pager motor, but perhaps this might do the trick:

              http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3di9d_modellbahngleis-schottern-mit-stopf_family

              --
              GreetingZ
              Uwe
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
                UWE,

                Pretty cool. Except that vibrating device looks like something from the
                adult movie store. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Good that it
                can get recycled, uh have more that one use.

                Don

              • David Epling
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
                  BOW CHICKA BOW WOW!!!!

                  Pretty cool. Except that vibrating device looks like something from the
                  adult movie store. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Good that it
                  can get recycled, uh have more that one use.

                  Don

                • Michael Piersdorff
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 2, 2011
                    Don, you've lost me...whatever else would one use that tool for, other than smoothing out your ballast...

                    Michael

                    Send any screenshot to your friends in seconds...
                    TRY IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if2 for FREE