Any Huet Switchers Actually Produced?

  • brian_19642001
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
      Hi, Everyone,

      As you may know from other boards, I am one of several who have paid Gerard Huet in full for switchers. Right now I am trying to find out if anyone out there has actually received a Huet switcher, or seen a photograph of one, outside of the single photograph on the Huet website. I have asked him to respond to me within a week with some photographic evidence. I am asking you if you can get me in touch with anyone who either has a switcher or some photos of the switchers. My question is based on the assumption that if Huet is having quality control problems, he will still have some photos of his nearly-complete switchers.
      Brian
    • pray59_3
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
        haha! Wouldn't it be funny if the photo of the Huet Switcher was ACTUALLY of a modified Zthek Switcher!

        NOT!

        Robert Ray
      • David Epling
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
          I was thinking the same thing

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2011
            Well, it would be less funny for us! Anyone interested in sharing emails and details about Gerard Huet, please contact me--I'll respect confidentiality if you prefer that. I'm gathering information in case it is needed in the event of an action.
            Brian
            --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <cct24@...> wrote:

            > I was thinking the same thing

          • de Champeaux Dominique
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2011
              Guys, as an inhabitant of the "stinkin' cheese eater country" I may help you to contact the French Justice Ministery if you intend an action. I'm ashamed by such a behaviour that only makes a bad shadow on France and my fellow countrymen.
              Dom

              Well, it would be less funny for us! Anyone interested in sharing emails and details about Gerard Huet, please contact me--I'll respect confidentiality if you prefer that. I'm gathering information in case it is needed in the event of an action.
              Brian
              --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "David Epling" <cct24@...> wrote:

              > I was thinking the same thing

            • brian_19642001
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2011
                Thank you, Dom. It may yet come to that. As I've mentioned on other boards, after exchanges with Huet himself and his daughter in Pennsylvania, I've received four photos of one unpainted, unfinished locomotive. For all I know, the photos may be months old and of the original protoype, and nothing new has been built. If I believe his daughter, she is being told by him that he is about to send me pictures of a painted (Canadian Pacific) switcher, but with me he is making excuses about not having the right light conditions to photograph. So....he is either buying time while he actually assembles and paints something, or....there will be some other excuse shortly. Rob has provided Z scalers with the link to report mail fraud in the US (because some money from various buyers went through the daughter in Pennsylvania), and I think we should hang on to Dom's offer to report to the Justice Ministry. Both I will need shortly unless I receive something more than photos of unfinished switchers.

                Brian

                > Guys, as an inhabitant of the "stinkin' cheese eater country" I may help you to contact the French Justice Ministery if you intend an action. I'm ashamed by such a behaviour that only makes a bad shadow on France and my fellow countrymen.
                > Dom

              • brian_19642001
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 10, 2011
                  Hi Everyone: on the Huet website are 6 pictures of the painted and decalled CN and CP switchers I've had on order. I'll let you know when I receive them about running characteristics.