Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Best way to apply glue/water when ballasting?

  • Alan Cox
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 27, 2010
      On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 14:07:55 -0600
      reynard wellman <micron@...> wrote:

      > Hello Robert,
      > Your question concerning an actual inert rock ballast for Z scale
      > gives me the idea of going to my local granite rock quarry
      > and asking if they would allow me to sift granite. It might produce some very
      > fine material appropriate for Z.

      I've never understood the attraction of 'real' granite. It turns greenish
      when it gets mixed with PVA and at fine scale sizes is so fine its a rock
      dust - and health hazard as well as a nightmare for mechanisms if any of
      it gets loose over time.
    • de Champeaux Dominique
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 30, 2010
        Thank you Reynard! If you come back to France please call me.

        And sorry guys for the "off-topic", I'm closing that subject. <wink>

        Dom