Re: New to the list

  • tony
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 1999
      yes a bit of surgery was required not to bad ... locos used were 88446 set
      ( 2 locos) 81413 set 81412 set 88447

      hope this helps ... I will be putting a web page up about the layout and how
      to fit a decoder soon

      Tony
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
        Hi everyone,

        I just got back into model railroading after a break of a couple of
        decades. I'm planning on modelling german stuff between era
        III and V. I think that I want to keep this at the toy train level rather
        than being totally prototypically correct. So far I've constructed
        my baseboard (2'x4') and I've got all my track together. I'm having
        a bit of an issue with making a ramp to a bridge.

        What is a recommended gradient for Z inclines and declines
        (Marklin do seem to be light on technical reccomendations in
        their catalog)? Foe example if you use the incline piers what
        does the spacing need to be? I have a ramp, and a girder bridge
        crossing another track. Any suggestions for how to build this
        grtatefully received.

        I can post a track plan and pictures of my progress if there are
        other newbies out there who might be interested. I'd certainly be
        interested in comments on the layout of the track.

        All the best

        Nick Thompson