Re: [Z_Scale] Re: Poor running GP35

  • de Champeaux Dominique
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2010
      >Yep, always a winner or two. Most of the slow runners can easily be >improved by
      >a simple 1/4 or 1/2 turn of all three screws (doesn't matter which side). >In
      >some cases, you can simply just insert a flat screw driver blade and >twist a bit
      >to spread them *ever-so-slightly* (DON'T actually force it, just check to >see if
      >it can be loosened).

      Yeah, I think that's the issue with most cases. One of my Geeps once stalled and was stuck to place, its headlight shining. I brang it to my local hobby store for servicing after having been charged of ~€15 ($20) (indeed a ballast grain or other garbage had been swallowed into gearings) I recovered a loco that was very jerky and running rough. I unscrewed a little bit the screws holding both halves of the chassis together and I recovered that loco's ultra smooth motion which its main signature. And I came to the conclusion that next time it occurs I'll save my money and time spent to go to my LHS while servicing the loco myself....

      Dom