Re: New to the list

  • John Jabour
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5 3:31 PM
      Tony
      Which engines did you put them in. Did you have to cut up the engines much?
      John
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6 12:02 AM
        yes a bit of surgery was required not to bad ... locos used were 88446 set
        ( 2 locos) 81413 set 81412 set 88447

        hope this helps ... I will be putting a web page up about the layout and how
        to fit a decoder soon

      • Nick Thompson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
          Hi everyone,

          I just got back into model railroading after a break of a couple of
          decades. I'm planning on modelling german stuff between era
          III and V. I think that I want to keep this at the toy train level rather
          than being totally prototypically correct. So far I've constructed
          my baseboard (2'x4') and I've got all my track together. I'm having
          a bit of an issue with making a ramp to a bridge.

          What is a recommended gradient for Z inclines and declines
          (Marklin do seem to be light on technical reccomendations in
          their catalog)? Foe example if you use the incline piers what
          does the spacing need to be? I have a ramp, and a girder bridge
          crossing another track. Any suggestions for how to build this
          grtatefully received.

          I can post a track plan and pictures of my progress if there are
          other newbies out there who might be interested. I'd certainly be
          interested in comments on the layout of the track.

          All the best

          Nick Thompson