Re: New to the list

  • John Jabour
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5 3:30 PM
      Pete
      I'll keep you posted.
      I originally bought a Digitrax Big Boy system and then upgraded to
      the Chief. I will use the Big Boy on the Z layout. I do have some voltage
      concerns. I have to do a little more research.
      John

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5 3:31 PM
        Tony
        Which engines did you put them in. Did you have to cut up the engines much?
        John
        > im in the uk and I have had fitted dz121 in to 5 z gauge locos now.... my
        > layout is coming a long.. I have just about got the base boards finishes
        and
        > will be track laying very soon
        >
        > Tony

      • tony
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6 12:02 AM
          yes a bit of surgery was required not to bad ... locos used were 88446 set
          ( 2 locos) 81413 set 81412 set 88447

          hope this helps ... I will be putting a web page up about the layout and how
          to fit a decoder soon

        • Nick Thompson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 5, 2001
            Hi everyone,

            I just got back into model railroading after a break of a couple of
            decades. I'm planning on modelling german stuff between era
            III and V. I think that I want to keep this at the toy train level rather
            than being totally prototypically correct. So far I've constructed
            my baseboard (2'x4') and I've got all my track together. I'm having
            a bit of an issue with making a ramp to a bridge.

            What is a recommended gradient for Z inclines and declines
            (Marklin do seem to be light on technical reccomendations in
            their catalog)? Foe example if you use the incline piers what
            does the spacing need to be? I have a ramp, and a girder bridge
            crossing another track. Any suggestions for how to build this
            grtatefully received.

            I can post a track plan and pictures of my progress if there are
            other newbies out there who might be interested. I'd certainly be
            interested in comments on the layout of the track.

            All the best

            Nick Thompson