Z Central Station Introduction

  • soccrdad
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
      Hello Everyone.

      I would like to introduce myself, John Kellett the new owner of Z Central Station since the end of August. With the help of Stony Smith from Texas, we have been very busy updating and enhancing Z Central Station. Our first goal was to migrate ZCS to a new hosting company, which we have, and we more than doubled our drive space. As we work through the updates and enhancements we do run into a hiccup or two, and we will correct them.

      ZCS has added several enhancements; one is an EventZ calendar for train shows, Z Club/Sig Meetings, or special functions. Members can add dates along with the times, and even print out a calendar. Another new enhancement is a LinkZ page, to have a central access for your favorite Z resellers, manufacturers, personal sites, and Z clubs. There will more enhancements scheduled for the future.

      For the regular members, I hope you will continue to share on the forums, chat, and in the galleries. For the casual visitors, you can see 80% of ZCS, but to get the whole access, you need to be a member. And membership is free. For the rest, fine, browse through our galleries and forums. Then check out the other menu options. We created a new Conversions screen, where you can find how Z scale is converted by speed, distance, and sizing. Then when you are ready, sign up for a free membership. And for the modelers that left ZCS, for whatever reason(s)… You are cordially invited back. If you don't remember your password, send me a PM, I will get you setup quickly.

      For the manufacturers, or resellers that produce Z commercial products, you are very welcome in announcing your new products. Stone Bridge Models and ZTrack have been very successful in announcing their new products in our forums. Just insert a picture of the product with a description. What an easy and free way to create interest in your new product. And remember, you are hitting your target group.

      Z Central Station generates 250 to 300 unique hits a day. The picture gallery is about 60 photos shy of 3,000, and that does not include the imbedded pictures in the forum posts. There are about 9,000 forum postings. We received a 2 GB archive file, we are working to extract the 2,500+ photos, and 6,000 forum postings if we can from the old Z Central Station. So please, wish us luck on that project.

      And lastly, I would like to thank Brad for creating a fantastic forum for Z scalers around the world that can freely share modeling information and techniques. And if I am correct ZCS will turn five years old this coming February 2011. Not bad for a scale specific website.

      Sincerely,

      John Kellett
    • Loren Snyder
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
        Here's to John and Stony for the countless hours of hard work....all for the
        betterment of Z scalers around the world.

        Hat's off to you boyz...

        Loren

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2010
          John and Stony,

          This must have been a tremendous job.  Most of us, like me, may not have a clue of the tasks involved.
          I am glad that ZCS is back and alive.  Congratulations!!

          All the beZtzzz,
          Ed