"How to" F7B unit questions

  • voyager4@xxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxx)
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 1999
      Hi Z'ers,
      I would like to make my SP Daylight Set more prototypical by having
      an F7B unit to go along with it. What is the best course of action,
      buy a Marklin 82600 and paint it or build your own? Was this train
      more typical with an F7 ABA or F7 AB make-up?
      On a totally unrelated note: Does anyone know if you can use the
      Marklin 8881 B&O 4-6-2 with the new streamliner passenger set? Are
      they from totally different eras? I couldn't find much info on the
      net regarding the B&O streamliners.
      Thanks to the list members for great advice!
      --

      "Truth is in the eye of the beholder"
      Guinan:STTNG

      George A.Vega
      voyager4@...
      voyager4@...
    • Ztrack@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 1999
        George,

        PENZEE is offering B unit shells. Though they work well with Micro-Trains F7,
        by modifying them a little, they would look good behind a M�rklin F7. This
        would also save you the cost of the M�rklin unit.

        PENZEE can be reached at 1333 Crums Mill Rd., Harrisburg, PA 17112. (717)
        540-8853.

        In the soon to be released December issue of Ztrack Magazine, we have a photo
        of a S.P. E-8 that Billy Roden created by combining two M�rklin F7s. We also
        have a photo of an E8 Fred Ladd built combining PENZEE shells. Very nice work
        from both!

        As for the question of the Baltimore and Ohio sets, yes the cars are a little
        too modern for the steam loco. But, I think they would look good behind it! A
        Baltimore and Ohio fan in town here say that you really need the old
        fashioned heavy weight passenger cars for the steam loco.

        I hope this helps!

        Rob Kluz
        Ztrack Magazine
        <A HREF="http://www.ztrack.com">www.ztrack.com</A>
      • billy roden
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 1999
          Hello George the way I went for my B-unit was to repaint a Marklin B-unit.
          If you go to the Z-track site in the library there's a picture on the cover
          I think Its May/June,click on the picture and you can get some kind of idea
          what the one I did looks like. Hope it helps. Best of luck with it.

          Have a Great Day
          Billy Roden