Dallas, Garland, & Mesquite Railway Systems Open House

  • Adam
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hi all. If anyone is in the Dallas area this coming weekend (Oct. 6-
      7) the Dallas, Garland, & Mesquite Railway Systems model railroad
      club will be hosting out 2001 Open House from 11-5 both days.

      In addition to having our NTrak, Z Mod, and Nn3 layouts running,
      there will be a number of things to see and do. Including:

      - Special educational module on Stages of Scenery construction and
      our Scale Comparison display.
      - Railroad videos.
      - G gauge layouts going in the yard outside the club.
      - Refreshments and snacks for sale.
      - Raffle items include:

      ** Color 8"x10" photographs of steam locomotives (framed).
      ** Special run N Scale UP Hopper car from Pacific Western Rail (red,
      white, and blue "mystery car")
      ** Brand new N Scale Santa Fe SD-40-2 Snoot nose locomotive by Kato.
      ** A COMPLETE desktop train set from Micro-trains
      (with a Kato engine) and a power pack.

      And the "Creme de la creme"... We will have freight cars and
      LOCOMOTIVES from Kansas City Southern Railway on DISPLAY for the
      public. You will be able to go aboard the engines.

      All this, and admission and parking are FREE!!!

      Now how's that sound for a way to spend a couple of hours on the
      weekend???

      If you'd like more information, please check the DG&M website at
      www.geocities.com/dgmrailway where you can access club information,
      photos, maps, links, and much more! See the directions page for a map.

      Hope you'll be able to stop by, and if not, please let me know what
      you think about the web site (and sign the guestbook).

      Thanks!
      Adam Amick
      Public Affairs Officer
      Dallas, Garland, & Mesquite Railway Systems
      dgmrailway@...