Re: [z_scale] makeing insulating Gap In marklin track.

  • M. Gottschalch
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hi Randy,

      There are available plastic rail joiners. You could use them at the
      switches.
      --
      Manfred
    • Greg Elmassian
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
        Marklin part number is 8954... 1 pack of insulated and regular joiners...
        just opened the pack tonight, looks like about 10 of each..

        Greg

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 8, 2001
          Dear Randy,

          I highly recommend to buy the Maerklin booklet 'Gleisanlagen-Buch' ('Layouts
          booklet' Art.-No. 0294). There you find also on page 20 some tips on plastic
          rail joiners for scale Z (Art.-No. 8954).

          Regards

          Dieter

          randylils@... schrieb:
          > Hi,
          > I am new to Z-Gauge. But an old hand at track in all other scales.
          > I have not seen a source for plastic rail joiners in the Marklin
          > catalog. Only the one insulated track section (8588). Other then
          > carefull cutting using a cutting disk in a DREMAL to make a gap (like
          > in HO). How does one create electrical gaps in the track? I would
          > love to create a double track layout and isolate the two loops so I
          > could run two trains at the same time. Yet still have some crossovers
          > so I could switch trains.
          > Randy Knaub

          Dieter W. Nolte
          E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...