Re: [z_scale] makeing insulating Gap In marklin track.

  • D. A. Karp
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
      Randy,

      What you want is Marklin 8954, which comes with 20 regular metal rail
      joiners and 10 insulated rail joiners.

      Note that the regular metal joiners are single pieces that connect one rail
      to one other rail; two are required to connect two pieces of track to
      one-another. The insulated rail joiners, on the other hand, are double
      pieces; only one plastic joiner is required to connect two pieces of
      track. If you only want to insulate one rail, the plastic insulating
      joiner can be cut in half.

      At 03:58 PM 10/4/2001 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      > I am new to Z-Gauge. But an old hand at track in all other scales.
      >I have not seen a source for plastic rail joiners in the Marklin
      >catalog. Only the one insulated track section (8588). Other then
      >carefull cutting using a cutting disk in a DREMAL to make a gap (like
      >in HO). How does one create electrical gaps in the track? I would
      >love to create a double track layout and isolate the two loops so I
      >could run two trains at the same time. Yet still have some crossovers
      >so I could switch trains.
      > Randy Knaub

      http://www.creativelement.com/z/
    • M. Gottschalch
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
        Hi Randy,

        There are available plastic rail joiners. You could use them at the
        switches.
        --
        Manfred
      • Greg Elmassian
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2001
          Marklin part number is 8954... 1 pack of insulated and regular joiners...
          just opened the pack tonight, looks like about 10 of each..

          Greg

        • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 8, 2001
            Dear Randy,

            I highly recommend to buy the Maerklin booklet 'Gleisanlagen-Buch' ('Layouts
            booklet' Art.-No. 0294). There you find also on page 20 some tips on plastic
            rail joiners for scale Z (Art.-No. 8954).

            Regards

            Dieter

            randylils@... schrieb:
            > Hi,
            > I am new to Z-Gauge. But an old hand at track in all other scales.
            > I have not seen a source for plastic rail joiners in the Marklin
            > catalog. Only the one insulated track section (8588). Other then
            > carefull cutting using a cutting disk in a DREMAL to make a gap (like
            > in HO). How does one create electrical gaps in the track? I would
            > love to create a double track layout and isolate the two loops so I
            > could run two trains at the same time. Yet still have some crossovers
            > so I could switch trains.
            > Randy Knaub

            Dieter W. Nolte
            E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...