Station Track Layout

  • k_pfeif@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hi.

      Well, it's been about a year since I first started acquiring Z stuff,
      and it's about time I started with a small layout.

      I'm wondering where I can get ideas about how the protypical German
      station is setup. This will be just a small station, but I'm
      wondering how the track should be set up, as well as the signaling.
      Of course I've been to Germany twice, and did I take any pictures
      around the stations? No.
    • Harald.hieber@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
        --- In z_scale@y..., k_pfeif@y... wrote:

        > Hi.
        >
        > Well, it's been about a year since I first started acquiring Z
        stuff,
        > and it's about time I started with a small layout.
        >
        > I'm wondering where I can get ideas about how the protypical German
        > station is setup. This will be just a small station, but I'm
        > wondering how the track should be set up, as well as the
        signaling.
        > Of course I've been to Germany twice, and did I take any pictures
        > around the stations? No.

        Hi.

        Since I am German I probably have a solution for you. Under the URL
        http://www.gleisplan-archiv.de/Fern-
        _und_Nahverkehr/Deutschland/deutschland.html you can find many
        different historical and modern Station layouts. Unfortunately this
        is in German only. But maybe the pictures are self explaining. One
        good example is:
        http://www.ae.op.dlr.de/www/staff/gretzschel/oberland.html
      • z.marklin@ntlworld.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2001
          --- In z_scale@y..., Harald.hieber@t... wrote:
          > --- In z_scale@y..., k_pfeif@y... wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi.
          > >
          > > Well, it's been about a year since I first started acquiring Z
          > stuff,
          > > and it's about time I started with a small layout.
          > >
          > > I'm wondering where I can get ideas about how the protypical
          German
          > > station is setup. This will be just a small station, but I'm
          > > wondering how the track should be set up, as well as the
          > signaling.
          > > Of course I've been to Germany twice, and did I take any pictures
          > > around the stations? No.
          >
          > Hi.
          >
          > Since I am German I probably have a solution for you. Under the URL
          > http://www.gleisplan-archiv.de/Fern-
          > _und_Nahverkehr/Deutschland/deutschland.html you can find many
          > different historical and modern Station layouts. Unfortunately this
          > is in German only. But maybe the pictures are self explaining. One
          > good example is:
          > http://www.ae.op.dlr.de/www/staff/gretzschel/oberland.html

          that first pic of the station and freight hall on the last link
          http://www.ae.op.dlr.de/www/staff/gretzschel/oberland.html

          has a lot in comparison with Marklins 8970 "Wintersdorf" and 8971
          freight shed styling doesnt it ?
        • Dieter_Mac_Nolte@t-online.de
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2001
            Dear K.,

            Maerklin offers a small booklet 'Gleisanlagen-Buch' ( 'Layouts booklet'
            Art.-No. 0294). Especially for a newcomer in scale Z I do highly recomend this
            booklet. There you find all essential stuff on scale Z you require, also several
            layouts of small stations with relevant signals. However, due to the limited
            types of signals Maerklin offers, not all signals you find at German stations
            are included. But there are other suppliers of different scale Z signals like
            Viessmann (www.viessmann-modell.de). Where to place the various signals,
            somebody of the list with more knowledge than me may tell you.

            regards

            Dieter

            k_pfeif@... schrieb:

            > Hi.
            >
            > Well, it's been about a year since I first started acquiring Z stuff,
            > and it's about time I started with a small layout.
            >
            > I'm wondering where I can get ideas about how the protypical German
            > station is setup. This will be just a small station, but I'm
            > wondering how the track should be set up, as well as the signaling.
            > Of course I've been to Germany twice, and did I take any pictures
            > around the stations? No.

            Dieter W. Nolte
            E-Mail Dieter_Mac_Nolte@...