Re: [Z_Scale] Marklin cars

  • Don Fedjur
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 11, 2010
      I am your Ice Cream Man, stop me when you're passing by. (that only applies to the laddies of course)

      I'll send a VIN Card to your e-mail from my IPhone with David's contact information.............OK.

      Don Fedjur
      Carlsbad, CA 92009

      From: Don Fedjur
      Date: 9/11/2010 2:06:14 PM
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

      Whelp, Z-Scale is...............Z-Scale. Marklin will run no problems, no
      real problems onto MTL track as well as on Peco track for Z. You must be a
      European roads fan as Marklin has made the most in Euro trains including
      catenary.

      When it comes to MTL Switches though, you'll want to pay attention to the
      wheel flanges as on the Marklins, they are a minute bit "taller" then the
      MTL wheel flanges. You may have to deepen the groove where the Marklin wheel
      flange goes/rolls directly over the frog on MTL Switches. If you don't run
      90 miles an hour and all of your Marklin wheel sets are in gage, you won't
      have any problems. Metal wheels make for great rolling ability and if you're
      like me, you love the "clickety clack" they make going over the rail joints,
      you'll be fine. Just note that derailing and or stopping/flange binding with
      metal wheels, especially on a switch frog, can and will cause electrical
      shorting. Good track work and attention to detail makes for problem free
      running.

      With all matter of Z-Scale, always check your rolling stock wheel gage,
      coupler height and rolling clearances. I now check almost everything as it
      comes new out of the box, so that when I run my trains, I know I've checked
      them and will generally know that I'll have reliable operation.

      Don Fedjur
      Carlsbad, CA 92009

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 11, 2010
        Thanks Don,
        Appreciate your help.

        For your excellent assistance and positive attitude, I'll give you a raise.

        Hamster

      • william.fisher602@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 11, 2010
          No I just wanted the Marklin To Be parked in a Siding not running on the track. I have a few siding with buildings that want to use Marklin cars on. Bill

          GOD BLESS you & keep you

          I am still learning about this scale. Will Marklin Cars run on Mirco - tack?
          I am building a new latout ans I am useing onlyh Mirco track and have seen
          some nice cars from Marklin and was wondering if they will run or fit

          no

        • de Champeaux Dominique
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 11, 2010
            Marklin cars are able to run on Micro-Track (at least the only sample I'm owning, that I will probably part in the future as it's of no use for me). But take care that their couplers don't match with Micro-Trains'. One has to change the couplers on Marklin's cars in order to fit Micro-Trains' (it's a sort of kitbashing as Marklin's cars are not factory made in order to swap couplers), or use an idler car (one end with Micro-Trains', one end with Marklin's).

            Dom

            I am still learning about this scale. Will Marklin Cars run on Mirco- tack? I am building a new latout ans I am useing onlyh Mirco track and have seen some nice cars from Marklin and was wondering if they will run or fit

          • Garth
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 12, 2010
              Micro Trains makes a coupler for the pocket on Marklin cars. The hard part is getting to box cover off and back on but with a little heat it can be done.

              cheerz Garth