Roadbed Track update.

  • Garth Hamilton
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
      Rokuhan is currently working to find a North American Distributor and
      their 6.5mm road bed track system will preview on the market in later
      November of this year.

      Curved track in 45 degree segments R95mm, R120mm, R145mm, R170mm, R195mm R220mm
      Curved track in 30 degree segments R245mm, R270mm
      Straight track 55mm 110mm 220mm
      Bumper track 55mm
      expansion track 110mm This piece can handle compression and horizontal
      displacement as well.
      Switches R295 13degree left and right remote/manual with motor inside
      the roadbed with curved track to get to dual main line.
      switches R195 ? degree left and right manual still working on design
      bridges design being worked on like RealZJ bridge and plate girder
      style not sure if like Micro Trains or below roadbed at this time
      maybe both.
      Light grey ballast colour with brown ties.7 ties per inch compared to
      Micro Trains 10 per inch.

      I have not had samples of Rokuhan track yet, but I might have them by
      time of Houston Big Train show. If what I am told is correct the pins
      in the Rokuhan roadbed will work when connecting Rokuhan to Micro
      Trains but Micro trains ones will not work when connecting to Rokuhan.
      This track will connect with Prim Track from Crown or PRMLoco which is
      now available in Japan and RealZj which still seems to be available in
      some locations. Both of these companies produce curved track in R95MM
      x 45 degree and R220 x 45 degree segments and straights 110mm and
      220mm long. No switches of other track pieces. The PRMLoco matches
      very nicely with the Rokuhan product in the tie spacing is the same as
      Rokuhan but the product represents concrete ties in grey ballast
      rather than wooden sleepers. The RealZJ track has 5 ties per inch.

      Cheerz Garth
    • reynard wellman
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
        Hello Garth,
        Here is a link to their website:
        http://www.nn3.ca/main/main-japanese-zj-gauge-p9.htm
        Pictures of some of the track and turnouts are on this page.

        What's odd is that I watched that video you sent last week of the automatic
        Z turnout and thought that this outfit had used a MTL turnout
        and had somehow found a way to fire up the magnet in the bottom of it!

        I must be going crazy, but this is exactly what I thought MTL was
        going to do in the first place but instead they stuck those
        HO scale solenoids on the side of them and called it quits!??

        Now I am looking at the Rokuhan turnouts and aside from the
        wider tie spacing, they are exactly the same as the MTL ones except
        that they won't need the HO lumps to activate. What is going on?

        Please send me more information about the "Houston Big Train Show".
        I may be participating in this one. Thanks for the update.

        There's hope for an improved Z scale!

        Reynard

        On Sep 10, 2010, at 7:39 PM, Garth Hamilton wrote:

        > Rokuhan is currently working to find a North American Distributor and
        > their 6.5mm road bed track system will preview on the market in later
        > November of this year.
        >
        > Curved track in 45 degree segments R95mm, R120mm, R145mm, R170mm, R195mm R220mm
        > Curved track in 30 degree segments R245mm, R270mm
        > Straight track 55mm 110mm 220mm
        > Bumper track 55mm
        > expansion track 110mm This piece can handle compression and horizontal
        > displacement as well.
        > Switches R295 13degree left and right remote/manual with motor inside
        > the roadbed with curved track to get to dual main line.
        > switches R195 ? degree left and right manual still working on design
        > bridges design being worked on like RealZJ bridge and plate girder
        > style not sure if like Micro Trains or below roadbed at this time
        > maybe both.
        > Light grey ballast colour with brown ties.7 ties per inch compared to
        > Micro Trains 10 per inch.
        >
        > I have not had samples of Rokuhan track yet, but I might have them by
        > time of Houston Big Train show. If what I am told is correct the pins
        > in the Rokuhan roadbed will work when connecting Rokuhan to Micro
        > Trains but Micro trains ones will not work when connecting to Rokuhan.
        > This track will connect with Prim Track from Crown or PRMLoco which is
        > now available in Japan and RealZj which still seems to be available in
        > some locations. Both of these companies produce curved track in R95MM
        > x 45 degree and R220 x 45 degree segments and straights 110mm and
        > 220mm long. No switches of other track pieces. The PRMLoco matches
        > very nicely with the Rokuhan product in the tie spacing is the same as
        > Rokuhan but the product represents concrete ties in grey ballast
        > rather than wooden sleepers. The RealZJ track has 5 ties per inch.
        >
        > Cheerz Garth

      • Garth
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2010
          Hi Reynard

          http://www.nn3.ca/main/main-japanese-zj-gauge-p9.htm
          This is my web site take a look at bottom of the page.

          http://www.bigtexastrainshow.com/
          that is the link to the show web site. I will be there with David George of Spring TX and Mr Dave's big layout running trains and such.

          The Rokuhan switches have the exact same foot print, and geometry as the Micro Trains manual turnouts do.

          cheerz Garth

          --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, reynard wellman <micron@...> wrote:

          > Hello Garth,
          > Here is a link to their website:
          > http://www.nn3.ca/main/main-japanese-zj-gauge-p9.htm
          > Pictures of some of the track and turnouts are on this page.
          >
          > What's odd is that I watched that video you sent last week of the automatic
          > Z turnout and thought that this outfit had used a MTL turnout
          > and had somehow found a way to fire up the magnet in the bottom of it!
          >
          > I must be going crazy, but this is exactly what I thought MTL was
          > going to do in the first place but instead they stuck those
          > HO scale solenoids on the side of them and called it quits!??
          >
          > Now I am looking at the Rokuhan turnouts and aside from the
          > wider tie spacing, they are exactly the same as the MTL ones except
          > that they won't need the HO lumps to activate. What is going on?
          >
          > Please send me more information about the "Houston Big Train Show".
          > I may be participating in this one. Thanks for the update.
          >
          > There's hope for an improved Z scale!
          >
          > Reynard
          >

          > On Sep 10, 2010, at 7:39 PM, Garth Hamilton wrote:
          >
          > > Rokuhan is currently working to find a North American Distributor and
          > > their 6.5mm road bed track system will preview on the market in later
          > > November of this year.
          > >
          > > Curved track in 45 degree segments R95mm, R120mm, R145mm, R170mm, R195mm R220mm
          > > Curved track in 30 degree segments R245mm, R270mm
          > > Straight track 55mm 110mm 220mm
          > > Bumper track 55mm
          > > expansion track 110mm This piece can handle compression and horizontal
          > > displacement as well.
          > > Switches R295 13degree left and right remote/manual with motor inside
          > > the roadbed with curved track to get to dual main line.
          > > switches R195 ? degree left and right manual still working on design
          > > bridges design being worked on like RealZJ bridge and plate girder
          > > style not sure if like Micro Trains or below roadbed at this time
          > > maybe both.
          > > Light grey ballast colour with brown ties.7 ties per inch compared to
          > > Micro Trains 10 per inch.
          > >
          > > I have not had samples of Rokuhan track yet, but I might have them by
          > > time of Houston Big Train show. If what I am told is correct the pins
          > > in the Rokuhan roadbed will work when connecting Rokuhan to Micro
          > > Trains but Micro trains ones will not work when connecting to Rokuhan.
          > > This track will connect with Prim Track from Crown or PRMLoco which is
          > > now available in Japan and RealZj which still seems to be available in
          > > some locations. Both of these companies produce curved track in R95MM
          > > x 45 degree and R220 x 45 degree segments and straights 110mm and
          > > 220mm long. No switches of other track pieces. The PRMLoco matches
          > > very nicely with the Rokuhan product in the tie spacing is the same as
          > > Rokuhan but the product represents concrete ties in grey ballast
          > > rather than wooden sleepers. The RealZJ track has 5 ties per inch.
          > >
          > > Cheerz Garth

        • reynard wellman
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2010
            Hi Garth

            Duh, I had a senior moment. All this
            is so new & exciting that my enthusiasm exceeded my
            "send" button resistance. Thanks for posting the info on
            Rokuhans new efforts.

            Concerning the Houston show I have some new Z scale products
            that I might bring along for some "show and tell". As for setting up
            a booth, I have decided that as an established manufacturer it would
            be best for Micron Art not to sell items at train shows. Also, we are not
            prepared to set up a Manufacturer Vendor booth this year though
            I'd like to do something in 2011.

            See you in Houston with my carrying case of new goodies and some
            free samples. I'll try to hang around for a few hours each Saturday and Sunday.

            Reynard

            On Sep 10, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Garth wrote:

            > Hi Reynard
            >
            > http://www.nn3.ca/main/main-japanese-zj-gauge-p9.htm
            > This is my web site take a look at bottom of the page.
            >
            > http://www.bigtexastrainshow.com/
            > that is the link to the show web site. I will be there with David George of Spring TX and Mr Dave's big layout running trains and such.
            >
            > The Rokuhan switches have the exact same foot print, and geometry as the Micro Trains manual turnouts do.
            >
            > cheerz Garth

            EDITED
            > Edited for length

          • Garth Hamilton
            Message 5 of 5 , May 30, 2012
              http://www.rokuhan.com/english/news/2012/05/rail-set-b-siding-set.html

              Rokuhan starts Railset B a siding set with one left and right hand
              turnout 110mm, or R490 13 degree and two curves, E490 13 degree, and
              two trimmed straights 110mm

              cheers Garth