Photos from Bernhard

  • CH Bahn
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
      Hi Gang,

      I received these photos from Bernhard Pach, a fellow Zer in Germany.
      These were taken at the last meeting of the Z-Club in Dortmund, also
      known as Z-Club 92 (because it started in 1992). For those of you who
      are not familiar with the club, their web site address is:
      http://www.zclub92.com/2000/index.html it's in English and German.

      To me this layout is beautiful. This is a ferry port which is done in
      all Z scale. That is a real boat, with a real motor, in real
      water...note the control panel. The realism make this a work of art.

      To me it looks exactly like the port at Puttgarden, Germany but I don't
      know if that is what they modeled it after.

      Click on the links to see the photos.

      Photo #1
      http://imagehost.epier.com/11449/Bernhard2edit.JPG

      Photo #2
      http://imagehost.epier.com/11449/bernhard1edit.JPG

      I think I am going to go work on my layout...and work ...and work
      ...and work.

      Bill

      http://phone.yahoo.com
    • Bahls@t-online.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
        CH Bahn schrieb:
        > Hi Gang,
        >
        > I received these photos from Bernhard Pach, a fellow Zer in Germany.
        > These were taken at the last meeting of the Z-Club in Dortmund, also
        > known as Z-Club 92 (because it started in 1992). For those of you who
        > are not familiar with the club, their web site address is:
        > http://www.zclub92.com/2000/index.html it's in English and German.

        > To me it looks exactly like the port at Puttgarden, Germany but I don't
        > know if that is what they modeled it after.
        >
        > Click on the links to see the photos.
        > http://imagehost.epier.com/11449/Bernhard2edit.JPG
        > Photo #2
        > http://imagehost.epier.com/11449/bernhard1edit.JPG

        > Bill

        Bill,
        this is a layout showing Puttgarden, you are right. At least I know of no other
        similar layout having been shown in public.
        A model railroad club about 20 miles from my place did it some years ago. They
        usually model in other gauges (mainly HO, IIRC), but some time ago they made a
        youth group and decided to build this. Since then, they have been exposing their
        impressive layout on several occasions.

        Cheers,

        Michael