Re: [Z_Scale] Hallmark Keepsake Ornament for 2010

  • Rocco
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 25, 2010
      Coupon? How is one obtained?

      ________________________________
      From: Randall Smidt <randy@...>
      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, July 15, 2010 7:21:55 PM
      Subject: Re: [Z_Scale] Hallmark Keepsake Ornament for 2010

      I picked up one of the M-10000 sets last night, but haven't had a chance to
      measure it yet. It seems about the right size, but since the prototype train
      itself was a little on the small side, I can't tell for sure until I dig out my
      drawings and compare the measurements.

      The gauge is about 7.5mm which is big for Z, but gauge doesn't mean much for
      Hallmark ornaments. It scales out to about 78' long and 12-14' wide for the
      power unit, which sounds about right for a passenger car, but as I said, this
      was a small train.

      I saw the polar express train as well. No tender (not really a problem), and it
      is plastic and not as detailed as some other Hallmark ornaments, but it does
      seem to be the right size. I haven't bought one yet (forgot and left my coupon
      at home).

      In October, they will release the miniature train set with a steam engine
      (2-4-2), tender, and gondola. Might or moght not be too small.

      Randy

      From: CJ Walsh

      Date: 7/15/2010 10:54:20 AM

      To: z_scale@yahoogroups.com

      Subject: [Z_Scale] Hallmark Keepsake Ornament for 2010

      This year Hallmark is offering the Lionel UP M-10000 in their Keepsake

      Christmas ornament series. It will be interesting to see if it is close

      to Z-scale.

      From their catalog:

      LIONEL® Union Pacific Streamliner Locomotive

      Wheels turn. Handcrafted and metal. 3 1/2" W.

      $18.95 USA QX8626

      LIONEL® Union Pacific Streamliner Long Coach

      Wheels turn. Handcrafted and metal. 3 1/2" W.

      $14.95 USA QXI2023

      LIONEL® Union Pacific Streamliner Buffet Coach

      Wheels turn. Handcrafted and metal. 3 3/4" W.

      $14.95 USA QXI2013

      You can see all three pieces in the on-line catalog at Hallmark.com.

      Cheerz,

      CJ Walsh