Re: 75th NMRA Convention & National Train Show 2010 Pictures

  • kd79ctls
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 9, 2010
      Hi

      You can see the Metro Milwaukee Z Scale club here were as a club we received honorable mention at the National Train Show 2010.

      The first picture after the sign is my end module which has a kit bashed factory in one conrner and it received honorable mention for this module.

      The next picture is from a new member of the club who built a saw mill and it even has saw dust in the mill.

      The module with the cash for gold sign is Don's and also won honorable mention. This entire module (sans benchwork) was built entirely from ordering from the Walthers Catalog though a local hobby shop

      The module with the lady bug building (a real building in downtown Milwaukee) is my wife's module and includes landmarks modeled after different buildings around Milwaukee. This includes the sunbeam artwork at the lakefront (titled "The Calling") along with cobblestone streets and old trolley tracks in the streets.

      The module that flares out is mine again. It has 2 tracks in the middle that are self powered and can double as end. It has a viaduct like the old 6th street viaduct in Milwaukee and has a train station with a glass topped train sheld. This module also won honorable mention.

      The last one is also mine and it has a scratch built ferry dock and grain elevator.