Re: [Z_Scale] Looking for the person who is going a resin British Class 47 diesel, and coachs

  • Arnim v. Herff
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
      Am Montag, 2. August 2010 19:41:25 schrieb epressey2002:
      > While traveling last week, I was looking on the well know auction site, and
      > ran accross a gentleman that was doing British castings of a class 47 in
      > resin and transfers for marklin coaches. When I finally got home yesterday,
      > I could not find any trace of this gentleman. Does anyone have a leads on
      > this person. Thanks.

      Hello Ed.

      Maybe you speak of the gentleman, who posted below message via a British
      yahoo-group. Only difference seems to be that he use rapid prototyping instead
      of resine.

      Anyway, I hope this helps.

      Best greetz
      Arnim

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
        The guy you need I think is graham jones

        The main man of z club gb if hes not the right man he will know who is

        Hes is based in northampton

        http://www.ford.demon.co.uk/

        tony

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
          > Maybe you speak of the gentleman, who posted below message via a British
          > yahoo-group. Only difference seems to be that he use rapid prototyping instead
          > of resine.

          The 47 in that looks like the old Ellmar one ? The wagons look nice
          though. I've found most 3d printed stuff to look very bobbly but those
          look okay.

          > I'm also looking at the feasibility of brake vans (BR 20T/GWR Toad) and
          > possibly even Mk 1 coaches running on MTL bogies.

          Sounds somewhat odd given the fact UK B4, commonwealth and BR1 bogies
          used on these vehicles are 8'6" wheelbase with 3' and 3'6" wheels.

          I did look at doing some etched Z scale UK bits, but the reality is that
          in the UK the availability of Z scale wheels, fine scale Z track or
          mechanisms (Marklin ones seem too fat for UK scale prototypes as the UK
        • Michael Crane
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
            Hi,

            Here is the link to the web page I believe you refer to -

            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230503672915&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

            e**y ID - and1969hill

            Regards,

            Michael.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
              ... bloody spell checker! ID = ant1969hill

              Regards,

              Michael.