Looking for the person who is going a resin British Class 47 diesel, and coachs

  • epressey2002
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2010
      While traveling last week, I was looking on the well know auction site, and ran accross a gentleman that was doing British castings of a class 47 in resin and transfers for marklin coaches. When I finally got home yesterday, I could not find any trace of this gentleman. Does anyone have a leads on this person. Thanks.

      Ed
    • Arnim v. Herff
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
        Am Montag, 2. August 2010 19:41:25 schrieb epressey2002:
        > While traveling last week, I was looking on the well know auction site, and
        > ran accross a gentleman that was doing British castings of a class 47 in
        > resin and transfers for marklin coaches. When I finally got home yesterday,
        > I could not find any trace of this gentleman. Does anyone have a leads on
        > this person. Thanks.

        Hello Ed.

        Maybe you speak of the gentleman, who posted below message via a British
        yahoo-group. Only difference seems to be that he use rapid prototyping instead
        of resine.

        Anyway, I hope this helps.

        Best greetz
        Arnim

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
          The guy you need I think is graham jones

          The main man of z club gb if hes not the right man he will know who is

          Hes is based in northampton

          http://www.ford.demon.co.uk/

          tony

          _____

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
            > Maybe you speak of the gentleman, who posted below message via a British
            > yahoo-group. Only difference seems to be that he use rapid prototyping instead
            > of resine.

            The 47 in that looks like the old Ellmar one ? The wagons look nice
            though. I've found most 3d printed stuff to look very bobbly but those
            look okay.

            > I'm also looking at the feasibility of brake vans (BR 20T/GWR Toad) and
            > possibly even Mk 1 coaches running on MTL bogies.

            Sounds somewhat odd given the fact UK B4, commonwealth and BR1 bogies
            used on these vehicles are 8'6" wheelbase with 3' and 3'6" wheels.

            I did look at doing some etched Z scale UK bits, but the reality is that
            in the UK the availability of Z scale wheels, fine scale Z track or
            mechanisms (Marklin ones seem too fat for UK scale prototypes as the UK
          • Michael Crane
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
              Hi,

              Here is the link to the web page I believe you refer to -

              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230503672915&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

              e**y ID - and1969hill

              Regards,

              Michael.

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 3, 2010
                ... bloody spell checker! ID = ant1969hill

                Regards,

                Michael.