Prices

  • kd79ctls
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 1:33 AM
      Alex

      You should thank him for selling it for that price.

      You go to Walmart, Home Depot, or Any of the Sport Marts out there they have a 90% mark up. Your screws you buy at hardware stores have anyware between 100% mark up to 400% mark up. You all heard of those $100.00 basketball shoes costing $5.00 in some cases it true. The hobby Industy only has a max of 40% mark up and most sell for less that why so many hobby shops go out of bussiness.

      Kevin
    • GLENN
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 2:38 PM
        --- In z_scale@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <techrepjapan@...> wrote:

        > Most of us "experianced" buyers and sellers know of that certain auction site. And, we also know that we can sometimes find a good deal... other times, not so. Here is one of those times...
        >
        > Search for listing #170520492223. I prefer not to post a direct link.
        >
        > I don't know this seller. He's selling a recent Micro-Trains weathered release at $6.05 over MSRP. These are NOT sold out. So... I sent him this little message...
        >
        > "Hello, How are you? Okay... I'm curious. Why are you selling this for $6.05 over retail pricing? These are very easy to get for $10.00 less than what you're selling them for. Thanks"
        >
        > The seller's reply...
        >
        > "Then you can buy them there, not here. I sell for what I think I can get, 95% of the time, some body does not know pricing, or see's an item he just has to have, or an item that is scarce, Thanks Curious"
        >
        > Well... at least his reply is honest. But... disappointing.
        >
        > Folks... please be careful and research before spending your hard-earned $ on our hobby.

        The first rule on *bay is Buyer Beware
        The second rule is watch your shipping price & method
        The third rule is set your price & stick to it.
        Don't let the excitement of the auction determine the final price.